Question about case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bew556

Baseband Member
I have the x-dreamer ii case and wanted to customize the front 80mm fan mount to make it a 120mm fan mount. The other thing I want to do is cut a hole in the window right below the 80mm fan in there and put another 80mm fan that will blow on the graphics card.(this is a big maybe, I dont think I will really need this, but it would be a fun project)

I read awhile back of someone customizing their x dreamer ii, making the front 80mm mount a 120mm mount, so I know its possible.

Does anyone know a good tool to use to cut metal and also maybe plastic(whatever the window is)?

if ur just drilling a hole for a side fan then just go get a rotary drill (one that spinsssssss lol) and a 80mm or 92mm or whatever u want ur fan size to be drill bit and just drill where u wanted the hole.. next either take a fan grilll for ur sized fan or the actual fan and measure out screw holes then just use a small bit (im thinking like 1/8 inch.. not sure about american inches and what not we use metres lol but no drill bits are in standard units lol).. and drill the holes for the screw, attach ur fan, and put the window back on and ur done

and as for the front of the case if you have enuff room u can just use the same process to enlarge ur current intake fan mount size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom