I've decided to mod an old compaq case i've got layin around.
The case I've got to work with is similar to this one:
I intend to sortof draw a bit of inspiration from one of the best game themed modded cases ever, this HL2 case:
Heres the basic ideas that i've got so far:
1. cutout quake III symbol on left side
2. back left side cutout with wire mesh or broken plexi
3. gunshot holes
4. crinkled metal due to shotgun blast- in question
5. raised cutout pieces painted deep red on right side
6. shotgun shell feet
7. internal lights for both main inside of case and for under the right case panel.
8. hl2 modeled breaks and burns in the bezel plastic
9. will be hand painted with silvers, grey, black, rusty color, and quake red.
10. shotgun shell brass feet.
11. exposed wiring, possibly behind bezel.
12. decorative rivets/rivet like heads.
13. possibly add "armor plate" sort of pieces.
anybody got some other cool ideas to incorporate?