Q6700 Maxes out at 3.2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, you guys couldn't be more right. I installed the E8400 and my board wanted to run it defualt at multiplier 6. (?) I just cranked it up to 3.6 ghz and ran 3DMark06 and it runs at 13,878 vs 17,403 for the Q6700 at 3.33ghz. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I'm thinking that Futuremark is a little goofy because, in terms of running programs form the desktop and program access?save and audio/video processing this fricken CPU is blazing fast. Did I say blazing fast. I ran Crysis and it actually ran somother than wiht the Q6700. Crysis was gltichless/lagless at high setting all the way around. However, it's running a 67 degrees (wayyy to hot!!!) so I'm going to lap my Artic pro and reseat it...I think I got into a hurry!! Suggestions for another CPU cooler??

Why would that be? The 4 cores do nothing extra for the bench (as far as I kn0w) and I can easily run the E8400 @ 4 ghz boosting the overall scores unless I'm ignant about quad vs dual cores in Futuremark. Additionally, the E8400 in a 45 nano meter pipeline and runs at 1333 mhz FSB stock. Enlighten me!

As said. The quads simply own.

I just love to pull this example out though. Take a look at a p4 @ 4ghz... it gets whooped by almost any dual core out there.

So why should a e8400 @ 4ghz come close to beating a q6600 or a q6700 or any quad core for that matter @ 3ghz or above?

I really do not know, cause I'm ignorant (not implying anything), but i thought being 45nm just meant that the processor stayed cooler because the die was smaller, thus meaning that it could be clocked higher...?

I guess you already did it, but really, why would you bother going out and getting that e8400 when you have the q6700 g0 which is supposed to be such a great processor?

And veedub, I wanna see that with your gx2x2's *drool*

If Evga would ever freaking ship them!!! They recieved my old cards monday but i still dont have a tracking number for the new cards. Also waiting on the new case from tainted :p

New case? What case would that be?

Do you have some kind of work log on the forums? lol cause I get interested in your benchmarking scores too much.

I have my original worklog somewhere when i went from single GTS320 to GT SLI to GTS512 SLI. I'll be putting up a new log hopefully this weekend. I WANT MY CARDS!!!

I bought taintedplays cm 690 case, a corsair TX 750 and the dual GX2's, so all of that will be getting moved over the weekend. I think i'm going to reseat the TRUE also and use MX2 instead of the AS5. See if it affects my temps any.

veedub, i have a qn. why are u getting 2 9800GX2 when the SLI scaling is marginal to say the least? would it not have been better to get something else?

btw im not having a go at you, nor am i flaming you ;) i jsut wanted to know, or have new drivers corrected the SLI scaling probs first seen?

SLI scaling has improved quite a bit over the past few months, especially with the 9-series.

However, 4 gpus are still not really taken advantage of in most games..but I think veedub also was thinking of 3dmarks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom