Q6700 Maxes out at 3.2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Specs: MSI P6N Sli Platinum Mobo, Q6700, Dual EVGA 8800gt's, 4 gigs of GSkill Extreme DDR2 800, + other stuff. I uped the Vcore voltage to 1.5, Multiplier is runnig at 10 (max lock) and I can crank up the FSB any farther than to get this cpu past 3.19 ghz without a BSOD? Did I happen to get the Q6700 that doesn't OC all that well or is it the Mobo. I do have an EVGA 680i mobo in another system that I could swap out for ht MSI which is a 650i mobo. Thanks! Yes, I'm an OC noob.

I dont think you need the vcore that high...

up your fsb volt and nb a little. at 319fsb, you should not be having any boot problems. try higher, try.. 400x9. see if it is just a fsb hole in your mobo. That mobo just might really not be able to handle high fsb though. but really 319 is really low. So try lower multi, and higher fsb. or just higher fsb.

if that fails, switch out the mobo

I dont think you need the vcore that high...

up your fsb volt and nb a little. at 319fsb, you should not be having any boot problems. try higher, try.. 400x9. see if it is just a fsb hole in your mobo. That mobo just might really not be able to handle high fsb though. but really 319 is really low. So try lower multi, and higher fsb. or just higher fsb.

if that fails, switch out the mobo

Thanks, and you're right about the mobo. I just did some research and the MSI P6n is a notoriously lousy overclocker. The EVGA 680i is supposed to be a great board. I'm going to swap all my gaming components onto the EVGA, which is a new build and I'll report back tomorrow. With the current set up I'm even having trouble getting my 3Dmark06 scores above 16,450 with dual Evga 8800gt's in sli and the Q6700.

Ok lets try this again. I had a reply but ie ate it. I have had 2 different evga 680i boards, both A1 versions and have had no problems getting as high as 1800 FSB with both of them. I had an abit 650i Fatal1ty and it wouldnt overclock for crap. If you decide to pick up a new nvidia board i'd highly suggest going the 780i route as the 680i's are already somewhat dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom