Q6600 + SLI GTX280 Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Alright, since the new cards are coming out here pretty soon, and from my understanding of them, they will be top dog for quite a while. I'm thinking of getting into watercooling. My 9800GTX's already throw out so much heat its rediculous, and these new cards promise to put out even more.

Trying to come up with case and cooling ideas. I really like this case but pretty sure the integrated water loop is pretty cheesetastic. Anyone know which model lian li case it is?
Koolance PC3-725SL Professional Line Case - Silver

Also, just guessing but a 240mm rad probably isnt enough to handle a q6600 and 2 GTX280s.

This case maybe? Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V1200Aplus II Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

For that kind of heatload you ideally want 2 loops (cpu and gpu)...this will of course raise the price by quite a lot...

A large case will be helpful...something like the new Lian Li gaming thingy or the Antec 1200

Those are great cases.....

also another popular one is the Lian Li 343...I've always wanted one to mod but they are just too pricey for me.

images

look at the lian li v2000, or even the abs aplus black pearl (might be the tegan aplus black pearl)

both are the same case... which i own!! and can be easily modded to where the under carrage part for the hdd's can be removed to fit a radiator

luke really is right...

otherwise... if you want a nice mid-tower for water cooling, for sure check out the NZXT Tempest... its practically made for it... and its definitely roomy enough to handle SLI'd cards... and has great cooling...
if you want something a little bigger, go for the ABS Aplus Black Pearl... ive heard some pretty good things about it...
anything else, and odds are good youre going to be doing some modding... which may or may not be your thing... and may or may not turn out so good... dunno...
that Koolance case you posted originally... no good prolly... aspire would throw a little fit if you even use the word 'Koolance' around him... theyre really not that good of a company apparently... something about them using different materials in the parts in their loops, which leads to corrosion and such... prolly just a bad idea in general... but yea... again, hit up aspire...
good luck tho :) - RK

Ya, i wasnt so much lookign at the cooling kit, i just like the case its in. I'll probably end up going with one of the giant mountainmods cases. I really like the way they're set up. Its 18x18x18 and can easily hold a dual rad system. Just gotta see how much waterblocks for the 280gtx is going to cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom