Q6600 Overclocked to 2.8GHz on base Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ What he said, you need it to be unlinked. See the intel overclocking thread and try the same settings I have. You're overclocking your memory too far and its causing it not to boot. As far as why you couldn't get 1333 on stock voltage, it's probably because the VID of your chip is high. I couldn't get it either and my VID is 1.3125. The guys that could do it have lower VID's. Run CoreTemp to see what yours is.

edit: just read your response - you have to set it to unlinked and manually set the memory speed to whatever the rated speed of your RAM is. 800 or 1066 or whatever it is.

Okay good to know that. I set it to 1066 as my ram is PC2 8500 1066. (On my ram it says it can be 1.9-2.5v) Actually before finishing this post I moved it down to 900 because I get a BSOD with 1066 set. I just booted up with 900 mem and 1240 FSB. All volts back to default.

My VID is 1.2375v

Hmm mine doesn't sound like it's that bad compared to yours Twisted, but worse then Vee. Reading the Intel thread now!

Okay good to know that. I set it to 1066 as my ram is PC2 8500 1066. (On my ram it says it can be 1.9-2.5v) Actually before finishing this post I moved it down to 900 because I get a BSOD with 1066 set. I just booted up with 900 mem and 1240 FSB. All volts back to default.

My VID is 1.2375v

Hmm mine doesn't sound like it's that bad compared to yours Twisted, but worse then Vee. Reading the Intel thread now!

Oh you got a good one, you'll be able to get a good OC with that.

Oh you got a good one, you'll be able to get a good OC with that.

I think your volts are too high for me. I can't even get into the BIOS. I just finished reseting the jumper from a previous test and now I have to do it again heh. It would be a good OC if I could get past 2.8Ghz... I've looked at many BIOS screen shots and tons of other random examples, but nothing will let me boot past 2.8...

EDIT: Got into the BIOS after a couple reboots. You guys have any other thoughts. I can tell you I've learned a heck of a lot more about ocing today then I bet most people do in a day. lol

Oh yeah sorry I didn't mean the same voltage, you shouldn't need that much to get the same speed. If you can't get into BIOS I would have to think it's something to do with your memory, unless you got a bad motherboard.

Oh yeah sorry I didn't mean the same voltage, you shouldn't need that much to get the same speed. If you can't get into BIOS I would have to think it's something to do with your memory, unless you got a bad motherboard.

Hey what do you have set for CPU FSB volts, SPP, MCP, and HT volts?

I've read and trial and errored so much. I've spent probably about 15 hours already on trying to OC past 2.8Ghz. I think its gotta be something wrong with my processor or motherboard. I've never gotten it to boot past 2.8Ghz. I almost got it to boot on 1280 fsb, but that's still 2.8Ghz... I've upped volts, changed timing, and even removed ram, but nothing has worked. I've found 20+ users with a VID around mine and coppied their exact volts and FSB, but still nothing. I have no clue whatsover what the freaking heck is going on lol...

Talk about lame.

I've read and trial and errored so much. I've spent probably about 15 hours already on trying to OC past 2.8Ghz. I think its gotta be something wrong with my processor or motherboard. I've never gotten it to boot past 2.8Ghz. I almost got it to boot on 1280 fsb, but that's still 2.8Ghz... I've upped volts, changed timing, and even removed ram, but nothing has worked. I've found 20+ users with a VID around mine and coppied their exact volts and FSB, but still nothing. I have no clue whatsover what the freaking heck is going on lol...

Talk about lame.

Could be a hardware issue, even with my VID I booted up at 3.8GHz today when I did a suicide 3dMark06 run. Didn't make it through the run, but booted fine. I know with my motherboard there's "sweet spots" that it likes, and a lot that it doesn't. Like I can't boot at 3.5GHz for anything, but 3.510GHz is completely stable.

Could be a hardware issue, even with my VID I booted up at 3.8GHz today when I did a suicide 3dMark06 run. Didn't make it through the run, but booted fine. I know with my motherboard there's "sweet spots" that it likes, and a lot that it doesn't. Like I can't boot at 3.5GHz for anything, but 3.510GHz is completely stable.

yeah, my Asus SLI plus has lots of little spots it doesnt like.. Sometimes it makes me want to shoot it. But I love it anyway:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom