Q6600 Overclock has become unstable over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem man, maybe your nb is getting undervolted thats also a comon problem or your nb is failing which would suck. what mobo are you running?
edit stupid question. anyway umm what are your northbridge temps @ 3.4

AFAIK I can't measure the NB temp.

As far as NB voltage settings I think I have like 1.2 1.4 1.55 and 1.70. I don't even know which is auto. I assume 1.20v is auto.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that my ram sticks are getting very hot to the touch. My hand obviously isn't a thermometer but they felt at least 60*C if not more.

AFAIK I can't measure the NB temp.

As far as NB voltage settings I think I have like 1.2 1.4 1.55 and 1.70. I don't even know which is auto. I assume 1.20v is auto.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that my ram sticks are getting very hot to the touch. My hand obviously isn't a thermometer but they felt at least 60*C if not more.

ram usualy gets hot what you should try is puttign a fan over your ram to see if the problem perceids once there cooled. then if that worcks and you dotn wana rma just buy a new kit of ram for 40/60$

Like i said earlier, i think its a problem with the memory. Ballistix are in fact known for burning out at their "recommended" voltage of 2.2v.

Like i said earlier, i think its a problem with the memory. Ballistix are in fact known for burning out at their "recommended" voltage of 2.2v.

..............really????? So this means my RAM is gonna die soon? Because it know they get really warm but to an extent that they will burn up? Inconceivable!

take a look at the heatsinks on them. They don't make very good contact w/ the IC's. I won't ever run D9's w/out active cooling @ 2.2v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom