Q6600 Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
its funny...when i had my sli 7900's, i used to clock the crap out of them and when i would be in a hard scene in bf2 i'd get this like wierd stutter in the sound...and i would be like, "here it comes" and sure enough, 15 seconds later crash bf2.
lol its funny cos all stability tests said OK...but that would happen. its the only game that did that, too. wierd.

i've ran at 71-72* on Prime before for over 6 hours. and i didnt have any throttling

to be safe you never want it to go above those temps.

thats a LOT of voltage for teh q6600. Do you -really- need to be orthos/prime stable? I have been running my q6600 at 1.35V and its rock solid for everything but orthos and my temps never go over 60C.

It's not that much voltage, intel states a voltage range of 0.8xxx - 1.500v. But anyways, I got it stable at 1.400v bios with 1.360 in CPU-Z.

Temps dropped to 61C full load.

Very happy with this processor and how well it OCs.

well, i can certainly tell if my card overclock is stable by how it acts when i play bf2. wether thats the game or my card, well....there are certain gives that tell me when lowering the clock on my card is neccessary.
i think its a better test in itself than ATI tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom