Q6600 and OCZ Platinum theoretical/possible OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
I'll be starting to OC tonight and tomorrow.

I have an awesome aftermarket heatsink. It's a thermaltake L1(I think that's what it's called haha). And the stock heatspeaders on the memory.

The proc comes at 2.4ghz stock and the memory at 400MHZ, but since it's double, it's 800mhz.

I'm hopeing to achieve 3.0ghz on the CPU and 1ghz for the memory.

I'm not sure what ratio to use, 5:4? 1:1?

Any advice or input or thoughts would be much appreciated. Or what I should expect.

if u want that, its 2:3....run ur fsb to 1333 which is about 333...with a 9x multiplier..u got 3.0ghz...

for the ram...2:3 with 333fsb will be 500mhz..and there you go...

3.0ghz processor and ddr2-1000 ram...just make sure your OCZ ram can OC that far...

im running same thing except with a dual instead of a quad

if u want that, its 2:3....run ur fsb to 1333 which is about 333...with a 9x multiplier..u got 3.0ghz...

for the ram...2:3 with 333fsb will be 500mhz..and there you go...

3.0ghz processor and ddr2-1000 ram...just make sure your OCZ ram can OC that far...

im running same thing except with a dual instead of a quad

Oh 2:3? Guess I don't remember that being an option, I'm sure it is. I'm just not used to the new BIOS.

So FSB of 1333 is 333 with 9x multiplier.

Ram is at 500mhz, that's all I gotta do.

That should be simple. I think I'll run that for awhile and see how stable it is. I'll run some stress tests for a day or so and see how much farther I can go without raising any voltages that much higher. I'll stick with around 2.1V for the memory for heat sake.

I guess some people are reporting 3.2 up to 3.3 on air with B3, which is what I have. But we'll see. I just have to closely monitor my temps. I have a pretty good case, 2x120mm fans, one in front, one in the back, and a side 90mm one, and my heatsink has a 120mm fan on it, blowing directly into the rear exhaust fan.

Isnt the q6600 locked at 8x though? I'm trading in my e6600 for a q6600 tommorow as soon as they come in at Microcenter :)

Yea it's 9x.

Well I ran home for lunch and I'm back at work now.

I got it to 3.0ghz and and only around 440mhz for the memory, so 840mhz.

I didn't really have much time, when I get back I'll get the mem to 1ghz or so.

I'll also push the cpu a bit higher, then run some stability tests.

I'll run Memtest, then Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom