Q6600 G0 running TOOOOO HOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will be re-doing the wire management in my puter and I'll give the line method a try and see what happens, I just find it weird that the entire cpu surface doesn't get covered, won't that affect thermal transfer? or is heat not really an issue in those areas of the cpu?

well guys...here are my results.
Cold boot in bios showed idle as 21.

Now im running Prime 95 and its on test six and my temps are 38 39 37 40....the most the first core got to is 45.

But when i look at task manager, it only shows 25% cpu usage....isnt all four cores suppose to be maxed out?

I want to call this a success, since the other time my temps got to 65 within a min.

So is prime 95 using all cores or what?

well guys...here are my results.
Cold boot in bios showed idle as 21.

Now im running Prime 95 and its on test six and my temps are 38 39 37 40....the most the first core got to is 45.

But when i look at task manager, it only shows 25% cpu usage....isnt all four cores suppose to be maxed out?

I want to call this a success, since the other time my temps got to 65 within a min.

So is prime 95 using all cores or what?

I've got version 25.5 and it stresses all four cores to 100% usage. Which version are you using?

last i checked prime95 was good for single and dual cores, don't know about quads tho, i believe someone had said that they could get 100% on all 4 cores.

and going back to applying too much thermal paste, yes it makes it worse, thats how I fried my first mobo, i was putting on my e4400 and i put way to much on, like i covered it with about a 1/8" layer and stuck the hsf on it and fried the board. Still to this day don't know why the cpu didn't fry first...

alright, i got the 25.5 version and it uses all 4 cores.
Test has been running for 15 minutes now and my temps are : 50 46 47 48.
Cie and eist are disabled and my vcore is 1.28.

So is this good?
Im gonna start oc soon, and ill oc to 3.2 have my multi at 2.5 and vcore at 1.3.
I just wanna run a 3dmark withe a a quick oc to see where i stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom