Q6600 G0 running TOOOOO HOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did put a line, but it was kinda a thick line, so could that be a problem?

Here are some pics that I took, what do you guys think?

S4021021.jpg

S4021019.jpg

The golden cooler below the tuniq was kinda loose, it keeps movin...is there a way to tighten it?

I don thave any side fans installed, so whatever fans you see there is what i have installed.

Need to reseat the cooler. Apply the thermal compound in a THIN line. To much and you get the opposite effect and the thermal compound becomes insulation. Make sure the fan is rotating and the cooler is free from dust buildup. Also, when you take it off, look at the mating surfaces closely. This will give you an idea if you need to lapp it or not. At 65* and running @ 3.5GHz, I run 23-27c at idle with my TRUE. Mine is lapped tho. You should never see over 55c at stock settings with that cooler.

well i disabled cie and eist and im getting idle temps of 40..which is bad cos its gets to 65 on load with orthos very quick.
I dont know how to lap, and dont wanna risk messing it up instead.
I guess i m ight have had too much paste so ill add a thin line.
Do you think its ok the way I have my cooler though?

that looks easier to install than the scythe ninja.. man that thingy was difficult!!! big heatsink though... i thought my ninja was pretty huge.. jeeze, that things got some size on it

well, i guess ill be takin git off again soon, and put a thin line of paste since i had a thick one...
idk if that really should make a diff though since its only paste...but i guess its worht a try.

What do you think of my case though? wire management wise?

well if there's too much paste, maybe it doesnt transfer heat properly

my friend had too much as5 on his 7900gt and his temps went up

as for management, what kinda case is that.. i think you did pretty well, the only thing worth mentioning is probably the 4/8 pin (depending on mobo) connector up to the top above your heatsink..but thats probably because it wasnt long enough to go behind the mobotray

I got the Cooler Master 690, i got it when it just came out since it was the best price for what it offered.
and your right about the 4 pin connector, it isnt long enough so thats why you can see it.

Well im gonna take it alll out ...again, and then apply little paste.
I got cotton swabs and isopropyl 70% to wipe off the paste so i hope thats good.

I guess brb, and wish me luck.

No one mentioned this, but make sure that you put the line in the right direction. The line is supposed to go across all 4 cores 1|2 3|4 and if you put the line the wrong way, its only going to cross cores 2 and 3.

Well i need your confirmation so here are the before pics.

S4021025.jpg

This is after i took the cooler off righ tnow, yeh i know...it looks really badly done.

S4021029.jpg

S4021030.jpg

And this is how much I have right now, so pls let me know if its enough and corrrect before i instal the cooler back on.

S4021032.jpg

And once putting the cooler on, should i like twist it or anything?idk?
what do you guys think?
Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom