q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
last time I checked the average "safe" 24/7 Voltage for Q6600's is about 1.55 Volts. that and so long temps are below 71C max load.

well i dont think im getting there anytime soon....

I raised that sucker up to 1500 with the 8x multiplier and had the cpu at 1.3v... I also had the memory on 800 i think, and it was unlinked, with 4-4-4-12....

I raised the voltage on this stuff too

fsb 1.5v
MCP 1.55V
SPP 1.6 V
HT 1.5

and the final result!?!?

Nothing... still displays that god **** bios verison and what my core is at and then nothing... so i tried it on 9x after the 8x and same thing happend...

so i just upped it to 1600 for fun... IT BOOTS!!! WTF????

but i got a blue screen error the moment i tried to log into one of my accounts...

I swear this makes me wanna cry lol... i just wanna see 3 ghz god damnit!

If it boots at 1.6 Ghz Front side bus, it may just mean you have to play with the voltages more.

Keep tweaking and playing with vcore. max is 1.55

So you dont think i should be crying on the inside because of this whole SE mobo? Because I really want to take it out right now, go in the street and break it in half... but i must play games ^.^

1266 is the most stable fsb ive gotten so far.... i tried 1270 and it didnt make it through prime for more then 30 mintues... But those were stock voltages... ill try changing some voltages tommorow...

I'm getting this thing to 3.6 even if it doesnt support quad core overclocking on the box... lol it says its a 680i so its gonna act like one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom