q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very frustated....

What mobo should i get that isnt too much but will let me get this thing to overclock better and is still good for my 2 8800 GT's SLI.... I'm seriously considering just ordering the new mobo and then trying to sell this one real cheap.

I might just call evga when i get home and see if they can help me out... i doubt it but its worth a try... I'll just tell them i was ignorant that i was buying an SE mobo or something...

If that doesn't work, lets see if i can sell it and buy a 780i... just for the heck of it

btw, i got to 3.0ghz stable last night im pretty sure but i had to get the voltage to 1.300v... I mean, I'm gonna keep trying but i think that I'm going to be lucky if i can get to 3.2ghz without bad temps.

Also my 3dmark06 score is going nowhere... it only went up 300-400 from what it was at stock :/ which is alright, but still.

If i can sell the 680i SE for $150-170 (pretty fair since they sell at the least $185-225 new) then i could get this 780i

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 | EVGA nForce 780i 132-CK-NF78-A1 | 132-CK-NF78-A1 Motherboard

for $232 - 150 at least = $82 for a new mobo... Not that bad for me and then i would assume i could get this thing at 3.6 and RIP for a while.

i dont think any one would buy the se for 170 unless u trick them. also when i went to 3 ghz i went from like 12500 to 14500 in in 3d mark06 with 1 gt at 700/1000 you should be seeing alot more improvement then 400 marks

also look at the asus sli boards. and deff dont get the 680i LT you would prolly have more problems with it then the SE

also it might be worth getting a non sli board and sellin off your gt's and getting a gtx or ultra then do the 90day upgrade with evga and get the 9800gx2/gtx

and mgcook or veedub what did you guys have your chipset fan set to? at 100% it sould like a windtunnel

for $150 they might... there is nothing wrong with the board ... it's just it doesnt support quad core overclocking.... which i what i need.

I'm probably gonna get a 780i... and i might sell these 2 cards to my friend and pick up an 8800 gtx like you said... but most likely i'm just going to stick with the cards i have

Ya, i'm definatly going to stick with what i have... I cant afford to keep upgrading everything ATM... but so far it's going to be this

Motherboard + 24" Monitor sometime before the end of april

New Case = sometime before next christmas hopefully.

As for OC'ing... i made it to 3.0 but I dont think i can go any higher without getting bad temps... So i guess i will relax here.

I just let the motherboard adjust the nb fan as it likes. And i think my car repairs just put the kaibosh on any upgrades for me. I'm going to have to raise **** when i go to pick the car up. They said the "customer" pay portion is 1900 bucks, plus i still have to pay the 250 deductible. I'm going to make them go line by line and prove each cost shouldnt be covered by insurance. The only extra work i had done was the hood and clear bra, no way that costs 1900 bucks.

thats why ur not stable... quit being a wuss w/ the voltage, i've got my vcore set to 1.35 and doing a lil over 3.2ghz.... 1.3 ain't gonna get you what you want... quit being a wuss and throw some more juice, you've got at tuniq for god sake.... i'd run mine at 1.4v to stay at 3.6 ghz if i wanted to cuz i still wouldnt idle over 40

what is your definition of bad temps?

crank that fsb up to 1.5! and all other things of mine are also around 1.5v, don't be scared of voltage ;) i've got all sorts of case fans keeping everything cool! buwaha! **** i even managed a 4.1ghz 3dmark06 run

i still have my old gtx at my house... so im' gonna give that a whirl w/ 3dmark and 4.1 ghz and see what kinda score i get ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom