q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, good, but ill try to fight the SE a little bit... 3.6 is what you guys seem have it at, maybe i can get to 3.4 with this mobo and then my priority upgrade after monitor will be mobo.

As for that offical intel overclocking thing... I should post in there when i feel i have gone as far as i can go right?

Ya i run mine at 3.6 24/7, well during the winter at least. Once it warms up, i turn it off at night so i dont have to run my AC as much.

I don't like running prime for like 8 hours without being home... Cause when prime is running it goes up to like 66C eventually, and after that it could go up 5 more C's and then thats a bad temperature to have my chip at right?... maybe when my thermal paste sets in and temps are lower i'll do it

OK, i just ran prime with a 1325 fsb and 1.225vcore and it was fine untill core #2 got a rounding error when it was suppoused to be less then .4

Idk wat that means but im guessing that would mean up the voltage a little bit?

ok, well correction i actually had it at 1.2100 vcore or something NOW it is at 1.225V

But yes seems pretty stable... i'm hitting 65C as my highest in all cores during the test, so thats good for now i suppouse.

I was talking to my friend about lapping... and at this point i am scared to lap my processor, but lapping my tuniq doesnt sound like it would be too scary... hehe. Would you recommend lapping, and also should i buy a kit?

Go to the auto parts store, buy some 400 grit sand paper, and tape it to a picture frame glass and set it on a flat table. Lapping kits are a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom