Q6600 Different Core Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
Why would the core temperatures be somewhat significantly different? I understand it's separate, but they are so small and close I would think they would all be the same. Right now I'm running WoW and Core Temp and I see:

Core #0: 40
Core #1: 39
Core #2: 35
Core #3: 32

Did my thermal paste maybe do better on a certain section of the processor or something? Should I reapply or is this typical?

It will vary depending on how the paste set in spots and the micro hills and valleys on the CPU and Heat sink. But I don't know if the temp different is normal. I don't own a Q6600. :p

im at 3.2 my temps at idle are

37, 37, 31, 35

ambient room temp is 26.5*C (yes i know, this thing is a freaking oven. it heats my room like no other)

Currently I'm at 39 39 39 31. I'm usually very even on my temps except for one core that's always 6-7 (In this case 8) degrees colder. It's always a different core too. I'd say it's normal.

Your cores vary depending on the amount of usage going on and also the connection between your heatsink and the heat spreader. I have a similar issue, i really need to lap my cpu/heatsink so i can get my cores closer.

mine idle almost always at: 30 30 23 23 ish- don't forget that some cores will be used and some won't.

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom