Q6600 @ 3.3ghz and above on AIR owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as your temps are fine, theres nothing wrong with running up to 1.5v through it for daily usage, as that is what it is rated to handle. At 1.55v @4.040ghz and loaded with the CPU test in 3dmark06 my cores never go over 65C. I love my TRUE.

Yeah i'm going to have to upgrade to better cooler, my temps get too high near there. I tried adding ridiculous flow fans to my case, but it didn't change anything.

I'm scared to run mine constantly at that kind of voltage, what's your load temps on the cores? I see you only have an af7, about equivalent to my cooler. I sometimes wonder if I need to redo my AS5 paste.

Right now I'm idling in the mid 30's. When running a benchmark the temps can go up to the mid 60's at worst - but that's okay because my g0 is rated for 71c. In an actual game, the temps don't even touch 60. I've got an Antec 900 with excellent airflow and this AF7 may not be high end in most people's eyes, but in my opinion it's pretty **** good because I've been running 3.6GHz 24/7 now for quite a while and I haven't had one problem yet.

There is alot more to overclocking than just the vcore, play around with every voltage setting your motherboard has, if you hit the right "spot" you may be able to go farther than your current clock.

if I had four or more days to screw around with it, I am sure I could hit 3.8 Ghz...

There is alot more to overclocking than just the vcore, play around with every voltage setting your motherboard has, if you hit the right "spot" you may be able to go farther than your current clock.

if I had four or more days to screw around with it, I am sure I could hit 3.8 Ghz...

Hmm well I have a FSB voltage...that's maxed at 1.5v, but didn't seem to make difference if it was lower or not. Then there's the pcie voltage and the memory voltage...that's all I have.

well you guys are lucky.
i couldnt get my cpu stable if i went over 3.4 with my volt at 1.5.
Ive been trying to mess with the other volt settings, but sometimes it seems like if i raise the other voltages it gets less stable.
my vid is 1.275, which is ok i guess but i cant get stable over 3.4 even wwith alot of volt.

are you on a go or b3 stepping cpu, there must be other factors coming into play, what are your ram timmings are you runing 1:1 ratio crazy Q try bumping north bridge and south bridge voltage a bit and a litle on your ram, i only have to boost my vcore to get it to run at 3.6ghz, im sure there is something you can do if you have a g0 q6600 and that vid.

i have a g0 stepping and my vid is 1.2875.
Im at 3.4ghz now, and my cpu volt is at 1.5.
my ram multi is at 2 and 5 5 5 15 .
i dont see an option to run it at 1:1.
I ran prime for an hour an and my temps were at 61 59 59 61 and they were like that for 30 straight minutes and didnt move abit.

I was going to post up a thread to ask help for getting good airflow.
My case is the Cooler Master 690 but im not sure if ive set up my case fans right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom