Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz, no voltage added, core temps high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a new and better heatsink such as the TRUE, tuniq tower or scythe mine. (There are many more though)
Lap processor IHS
Aquire MX-2 thermal Paste
Lower room temparture

Try reseating it and also try using a different thermal compound. I had this same problem with mine when I first put it on and then I've reseated it plenty of times. You can ask anyone in this forum cuz I posted a lot of pictures of the temps in here. So I ended up reseating it at least 6 times which was really hard especially using my Tuniq Heatsink cuz it was pretty hard to get it out. Now temps are not as high. Usually CPU temps varies at 30~40 degrees depending on my room temperature. Hasnt gone over 40 degrees yet on idle.

Kinda a related question here, but I couldn;t find it anywhere else:

Whatre "normal" idle temps for a q6600 w/ a tuniq. Right now between the 4 cores I'm ranging between 30-38c hows that sound?

run core tmep, alot of the temp softawares dotn work with core 2 duos, and dont put to much thermal past u need like barely anything.

umm, that actually came nowhere near to answering my question, but thanks for telling me something I already knew?

umm, that actually came nowhere near to answering my question, but thanks for telling me something I already knew?

you dont have to be a jerk about it man he was just responding to the original post..
also yes that ok temps for idle q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom