Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz, no voltage added, core temps high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I'm stressing my 3 GHz overclock right now. I am still running stock voltage and my CPU temp is running at a max of about 66 right now, but my core temps are MUCH higher, Core #1 being the highest of all.

Here's a screenshot from a little earlier.

everesttemps.jpg

I'm using this cooler:

Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

Alright, now I'm stopping the test because my core temps are getting ridiculously high. :freak:

Core 1 just saw a max of like 93 degrees. :eek:

Why are my temps so high?

Unfortunately that cooler isn't much better than the stock intel fan...although the temps still shouldn't be that high. I suggest trying to reseat it with some fresh thermal paste...and also getting a better cooler with a heatpipe design.

I know this is a noob question, but when you installed the cooler, did you make sure there there was not a protective film on the face of the cooler before you installed it? Most coolers come with a film to protect it from grease and dirt before installation that needs to be removed. Also make sure it is seated flat on the cpu.

No, there's no film or anything covering the bottom of it. I might try to reapply my AS5 and see if that helps. If not, this cooler must just suck. I will either do something with a heatpipe design or do water cooling next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom