Q-FAN vs Cool And Quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
What is the difference between these two and what exactly do they do? I have an asus k8V board for a amd 64 3000. I am wondering because about a week ago I put a new heatsink/fan combo on and I was maintaining around 30C for the last week. Well this was with the fan blowing at about 5600RPM. Well today I decided to install the pci slot controller to reduce the noise. Once I rebooted, I noticed that my temps were now idling around 40C, which is about 10C more. And my fan was still spinning at the same speed as before I hooked the controller up because I have it on max. I am wondering why all of a sudden I hookd this up I am showing an increase of 10C even though the fan is still spinning at around 5600 RPM.

Does it have something to do with having the controller hooked up and Q-FAN or 'cool and quiet'? I turned off Q-fan and I am still getting the 40C temps. Not sure exactly what those 2 options do, I thought they controlled the fan speed internally, but they never have, and what's the difference between the 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom