puting an lcd in your case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
i have seen people on computer forums who have put laptop lcd monitors into there case

im very interested in doing this, but im not sure how it would be done

does anyone have any idea how this is done or know of a link to a site with the pin outs and what not

thanks in advanced
-The Faded One

lcd on the side panel? thats odd, y the H3!! would u want to do that?
so wat, ur computer would be pointing side ways towards u?
its not that simple, but it can be done
u would have to take off the back panel of the lcd screen, cut a square around the side panel of the PC , drill four or wat ever holes it has on the side panel bolt the lcd in, remove one of the metal strips from the PCI slot and pull out the cables from both power and vga and plug it in

This is more common for a unit that is being as an entertainment center unit or possibly a server. Its just to reduce area being taken up. A normal or gaming pc should never do this,

well since ill be using a laptop monitor i need to know the pinouts to connect a vga cable into it
i have alot of old laptops laying around and i am really into case modding so this just makes sense
i dont plan on gaming with it i will use my current 19" lcd for gaming and use the one in the case (which will be like 12 inches) for spanning so i can put a movie on it and still have my main screen to do other things.

the way my computer is set up it will work perfect because its setting sideways on my desk

The only time I have seen this usefully done (and for this use it is a great idea) is for LAN parties. your screen is already with you. so it makes it easier. It was done with 2 17in screens mounted on each side of the comptuer and they swung out on hinges so you faced the front of your pc and had dual monitors. :D

well this is going to be built right in to the side window
i just need the pinouts for using a laptop screen with a vga cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom