Push/Pull Fan setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niarchos91

Solid State Member
Hey guys so I got this idea the other day when I was mounting my H50. "My cooling is Ok but not Great so why don't I setup push/pull fans on the chassi too?" Is this totally unnecessary and idiotic or ?

I got spare fans that I'm not using, and I was thinking of putting nylon webbing over the intake fans so they don't suck in dust.

What do you guys think?

You can try it, but I wouldn't expect much. And it's defeating the so-called "Quiet Computing" aspect of water cooling. Overall the H50 is a poor choice for cooling at $80+. What it needs is a larger radiator and the parts separated for better air management. But it's not made to be modified and it will cost more to modify it than it's worth. I will suggest selling the H50 after you save up a little more cash and going all out with a real water-cooling setup or a high-end air setup.

You can try it, but I wouldn't expect much. And it's defeating the so-called "Quiet Computing" aspect of water cooling. Overall the H50 is a poor choice for cooling at $80+. What it needs is a larger radiator and the parts separated for better air management. But it's not made to be modified and it will cost more to modify it than it's worth. I will suggest selling the H50 after you save up a little more cash and going all out with a real water-cooling setup or a high-end air setup.

Ah, alright. Yea I was expecting more from this H50, too bad my chassi is too small for a larger radiator. I'll probably go back to air cooling. Got any suggestions for a "high-end" air cooler to my i7?

i JUST installed this system, i wrote a review you can find it in this forum, i started with just one fan, and it was pretty good, but i put another fan and it dropped temps by another 5 - 6*C.

BEFORE
before.jpg

AFTER
After.jpg

WHOLE SYSTEM
watercoolersystem.jpg

RADIATOR
radiator.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom