ps2 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess thats why you dont gut psus. but this machine will act more as a music sever ect. when its not on the road i intend for it to act as a cleverly disguised media center pc of sorts. anyway i still cant find out what socket the intel mobo has. since there are 3 different sockets that pentum Ms can be its kinda hard to tell. i might jst stick with one of the VIAs anyway.

i changed my mind im going with a via based board. that way i dont have to go searching for expensive intel cpus, its not like im going to do anything heavy on it either.

I'm pretty sure at 6200 will do, remember you only need to run Halo at 640x480, and it used to run pretty fast on my 9600 pro.

very nice mod your gonna get going there, can't wait to see the finish.. i just may try to mod a nintendo or dreamcast =P ..... although the nintendo has already been done :(

www.mini-itx.com check thier projects. chances are someone has done a dreamcast. one guy did a ps2 but he had to flip the mobo upside down to fit it in for case. i might try nano itx instead, although that is borderline windows usablilty. there wouldnt be much of a point there.

parts for the ps2

k after some research, you should be good with these parts:

Mini ITX 1.3ghz MOBO-182.99
ram

on this page, u want the one at the very top, and the 7th one down for a powersupply.

DVD BURNER-62.99
slimline ide adapter
sata notebook hdd
sata power cable

and

this for your the video card.

and that should just about cover it

EDIT::OOPS...good thing i checked the list...i chose the wrong ram, well >>HERE<< is the right ram^_^

huh, i might even use these parts in my xbox shell, would make a purty nice box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom