Project: Wind Ryder "Reloaded" (56k beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
As some of you know, I have been trying to get temperatures down in my cramped $40 Rosewill Wind Ryder case. I had tried many things and only managed to lower my idle temps to about 39/42C. I then was given the idea to mod my case by philbar and slaymate. So after purhcasing a Dremel and some modders mesh and u-channel molding, I set out to modding the case. Pictures of the entire process are as follows.

Initial deconstruction - remove side panels and then the top panel. Top and side panel are getting the new fans:

001.JPG

002.JPG

My modding supplies - 2 Red LED Rosewill fans I had, some 120mm fan templates, modders mesh and u-channel molding purchased from Mnpctech.com

003.JPG

005.JPG

Prepping the top panel for cutting - used a Dremel 400XPR and 426 cutting discs:

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Hole has been cut and drilled:

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

U-Channel molding, modders mesh, and fan added:

015.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

Now prepping the side panel - used blue low adhesive scotch tape then laid out the template, then scotched taped that down:

020.JPG

Side panel hole cut and drilled:

023.JPG

024.JPG

Added to the side panel:

025.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

Lol, forgot to post those pics. Here is the before/after idle temps:

These were my OLD idle temps at the very beginning of the day with absolutely no programs running:

Untitled-1.jpg

And these are my NEW temps with light usage going (like Firefox, Messenger, Thunderbird):

Untitled-2.jpg

So all in all, probably about a 4-5C improvement on the CPU temps :) It may be even slightly better given that I did not close down all my applications and wait until the early morning to get the new temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom