Project Pink - new pics in post #21 (56k warning.... many pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Project Pink

Ok..... the project is underway. I sepnt last night unpackaging the case, dis-assembeling it, snapping pic, and began with the first coat of hot pink spray paint....

Bonus too.... this came with an extension cable for the power/reset buttons... if I don't need it for my sister's PC, then I can use it for my Antec 900 to FINALLY finish the thing, lol.

NOTE TO SELF: Don't spray paint in un-ventilated garage at 02:30 in the morning anymore... Got to work, saw that part of my jacket is not hot pink, and my once nice black vans, are now fairly pink.... in addition to the not having a mask, so I was blowing my nose and getting pink paint out of it... oye....

I was going to post thes last night, but I was NOT feelin too good after the painting....

Box was in decent condition
Picture108.jpg

Unpacking the box
Picture110.jpg

Too bad THIS didn't come at the bottom of a crackerjack box.....
Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Picture117.jpg

I suppose you could call this the 'exploded view'....
Picture122.jpg

yeah... I finished painting at about 3am ish.... put the pics on the PC, made the pics smaller, uploaded them to photobucket, and the world was just spinning... I won't be doing that again. Overlooked some things because I did all this with my eyes half closed. On a side note, the walls of my office look really good in those pics, lol.

I think I am gonna need more paint too.... I used an ENTIRE can on the first coat.... everything silver in that last picture (including the inside of the case doors, and the outside of the top of the case is going to be Pink....

Also, I am REALLY hoping that the outside painting works out.... Painting PINK directly on BLACK may have NOT been a good idea.

Yeah.... now that I am thinking about it.... I am REALLLLLLY REALLLLY hoping that no of it found its way onto my car.... which was also parked in the garage... :(

Good thing the car hasn't been washed in a year I guess.... paint will stick to the dirt first... :D

okay amigo:
a) you should know you need to use some self-etchiing primer to make that pink stick to the case.
b) if you haven't washed your car in a year, why do you give a **** if it has pink paint on it?
c) your walls do look quite nice.

self etching primer is only for BARE metal...most of the factory paint is so ****** that its rough enough to paint on already....i know my CM690 case paint is the worst i've ever seen. its extremely rough and bubbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom