Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough bill, would you use a luger if you found one in the right size?

is it affordable? lol, post a link :)

NZXT 1200 PSU's bottom is literally in your face when you open the case. From my perspective, it's a blank canvas waiting for you to add something. After painting the PSU matte black, I gave it to Brad to have the original Wolfenstein logo painted on the bottom. I like the distressed look of this version.

wolfenstein_logo.jpg

Instead of making a paint stencil by hand, Brads using a Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter to make a paint template.

The logo file is FREE! Wolfenstein logo on brandsoftheworld.com

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z4.jpg

Brad separates the logo in Roland's "Cut Studio" program. White background will be painted first, then Red foreground
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z5.jpg

Vinyl Film Templates, logo background (white) and foreground (red)
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z6.jpg

The Wolfenstein logo will be painted on the bottom of the NZXT 1200 PSU
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z6a.jpg

The rest of the PSU is masked off to avoid overspray
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z7.jpg

The White background vinyl template is applied over the PSU.
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z8.jpg

That's a really good idea, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Since the PSU is going to be in the way, you should design something cool looking on it. :D Awesome.

My idea was to leave the bottom the way it is with the vent, but mod in a window on top...not sure what I'm going to do when I get the case, we'll see.

Well yeah, but you already got the windows. :p I'm saying I would keep the top one on the side panel for my own case. That way, the PSU really isn't blocking much, and any bad wire management that ensued from the placement of the PSU would be hidden by the side that I didn't cut up. :p

We'll see when I get the case, it will be my first mod after all.

Applying White (House of Kolor brand) polyurethane paint for background, this is a automotive paint applied with HVLP professional spray gun.
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9a.jpg

Remember the 2nd template?, it's for the Red!
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9b.jpg

"Sinister Red" (House of Kolor brand) polyurethane paint for foreground, also applied with HVLP professional spray gun.
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9c.jpg

After the paint sets for 20 mins, the vinyl template is peeled off
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9d.jpg

Now the Distressing, this rig has seen some action in the field!

Wetsand with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9e.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9f.jpg

Puurfect!
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9g.jpg

More custom paint to come later. Lets get our custom painted fan and grill, installed on the PSU first!

Great signature! I love ALIEN series

More updates on the way. We're painting the machined aluminum bullet thumbscrews to look more authentic.

The surface is first prepped, using red scotch brite pad to scuff the bare aluminum
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9l.jpg

Is that a "cribbage board" for thumbscrews?, drilling holes in a piece of wood, works great for holding thumbscrews for paint. The threads were taped off.
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9m.jpg

For maximum paint adhesion, we use SEM brand self etching primer for the base coat
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9n.jpg

A couple coats of grey self etching primer
wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom