Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via MSN to synergy Send a message via Yahoo to synergy
Default Re: Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Another fine project guys! Those carriage bolt heads add such a nice subtle effect (as do all those little touches you guys add to mods). That PSU location is pretty crummy, but sacrifices have to be made for such a compact case.

HTPC: AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte GA-880GM mATX w/ ATI Radeon HD 4250 | 8 GB G.Skill RipjawX DDR3 1600
LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD ROM + DVD RW | 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD | WD Caviar 1 TB | Antec Veris Fusion Black HTPC Case
Logitech diNovo Edge KB | Win7 Pro 64-bit
3dMark06 23,159 | 3dMark Vantage 23,579 | TF2 Stats Page | BC2 Stats | BF3 Stats
MCSE (SharePoint 2013), MCITP & MCTS (SharePoint 2010), CIW
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Patron

Your CustomPCMAX intel gamer is well priced but the other two seem rather highly priced but who cares aslong as the knaives pay . Looking good so far I think this case is a ugly mofo from stock.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
AKA ComatoseClown

Send a message via AIM to H4x3r Send a message via MSN to H4x3r

Wow that looks amazing....you all are doing an amazing job with this case (i'm green with jealousy) now i'm gonna have to get my paws on one when they hit the shelves
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
True Techie

that looks amazing i cant wait to see the final outcome! maybe throw some lighting inside the case somewehre?
8 Gigs G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3
CM Storm Scout Tower
(1) 500 GB HD, (1) 300 GB HD
XFX GT240
Corsair CX500

Like my Sig?
I'll make ya one ;)
Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to CustomPCMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy View Post
that looks amazing i cant wait to see the final outcome! maybe throw some lighting inside the case somewehre?
The big fan on the top is a green LED fan. Along with that, I think we will be putting some additional 4 in cathodes (green) in the case.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I've met a lot of pc builder/enthusiasts who dreamed of owning their own Gaming PC Co. I would have loved to have been a part of AlienDell or VooPackard in their early days. Nate is the first local guy I've met who knows his stuff. I really want his start-up company CustomPCMAX to be successful. It's not going to happen overnight. It will take a long time to build a reputation for himself. Working on this project together is just one of the ways Nate is diversifying his skills. I hope we can work together on many more cool projects like this.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

re: kumpewtuhr build
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to TheOtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
I've met a lot of pc builder/enthusiasts who dreamed of owning their own Gaming PC Co. I would have loved to have been a part of AlienDell or VooPackard in their early days. Nate is the first local guy I've met who knows his stuff. I really want his start-up company CustomPCMAX to be successful. It's not going to happen overnight. It will take a long time to build a reputation for himself. Working on this project together is just one of the ways Nate is diversifying his skills. I hope we can work together on many more cool projects like this.
I myself got serious about it about a year ago. Sketched up multiple cases I was planning on building, put together a business plan, put a lot of thought and planning out into it. But in the end I decided against it. You have to have a good amount of luck and advertiseing on top of making a great product at a competetive price, and competing against the already established boutique companies, the companies who advertise in all the PC mags, not to mention the plethora of companies around my town who already do it, and a lot of computer enthusiasts build their own. It's hard.

But it looks like that company is already doing something right. If theirs anything that's going to get you recognized and set your apart from the others, it's doing projects like these on not even released cases and getting them out in the open.

Great job on the case, it's looking great.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge

I love this case. Wolfenstein is such an awesome game! I can't wait for the new entry into the series!

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to CustomPCMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtis View Post
I myself got serious about it about a year ago. Sketched up multiple cases I was planning on building, put together a business plan, put a lot of thought and planning out into it. But in the end I decided against it. You have to have a good amount of luck and advertiseing on top of making a great product at a competetive price, and competing against the already established boutique companies, the companies who advertise in all the PC mags, not to mention the plethora of companies around my town who already do it, and a lot of computer enthusiasts build their own. It's hard.

But it looks like that company is already doing something right. If theirs anything that's going to get you recognized and set your apart from the others, it's doing projects like these on not even released cases and getting them out in the open.

Great job on the case, it's looking great.
I have been working at this for a few years now, it is a difficult road as you said. There is a lot of competition, almost too much to make this a sensible idea. Getting yourself recognized in the web is extremely hard as well. Most of it just takes time and doing whatever you can to get yourself in people's faces.

Bill has been kind enough to allow me to work with him on this. It is a pretty lucky strike for me.

Since you can't edit threads older than a certain point... I will put this here. BUt, I wanted it in the first thread!

Sponsored by:

Internal Components (confirmed):
NZXT Precise Power 1200 Watt Modular PSU

Closed Thread