Project: 'Monster' Gaming Rig by CustomPCMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CustomPCMAX

Baseband Member
Hey all - Nate from CustomPCMAX here,

Here is another mod project I am working on. This is going to be a massive gaming PC using some of the highest quality parts. Along with that, we are going to be modding the case (a SilverStone TJ10B-W) with some custom paint work.

Here is a stock photo of the case:
Silverstonetj10custompcmaxmnpctech5.jpg

The SilverStone TJ10B-W was chosen for this build because of the sheer quality of the case. It is made of sturdy aluminum and has a design that promotes good airflow. The structure of the case is architecturally very sound as well. This is the type of case that you keep your whole life. Everything about the case is made of quality material, no junk plastic or anything. Which is why we thought it was a perfect fit for a 'monster' gaming PC and a worthy candidate for some custom artwork.

The paint work is going to be done by Bill Owen at MNPCTech. The case will be dismantled and there will be an application automotive high gloss enamel paint as base color, then airbrush artwork the right side panel. The interior chasis is going to be painted a shade of blue that will match to the artwork going on the side panel. Final step will be to clear coat the entire case.

Here is the artwork for the right side panel:
Custompcmaxmnpctechartworkfortj10.jpg

FYI: This is the window version of the TJ10 we are using.

Now, you ask... what about the guts to this thing? Well, here is the current plans for it.

System:
1 Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz Quad-Core
1 EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard
2 CORSAIR Dominator GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 Desktop Memory (12 Gig total)
2 EVGA GeForce GTX 285 Superclocked Edition 2GB 512-bit DDR3
2 Western Digital Black 1 Terabyte 7400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
2 OCZ Summit 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk
1 LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray Burner Model
1 PC Power & Cooling 1200W Power Supply
1 AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz Sound Card

Accessories:
2 Grow Up Japan Inc. - Smart Drive Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Silencer
1 Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Heatsink + Tuniq TX2 Thermal Compound
2 Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent PWM Fan + Clips
5 Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Fan - For Case

As we move forward with this, I will post some pics and specs of the above parts. But, as you can see this is not going to be a slouch in the performance department. We fully intend to do some OCing of that CPU as well, hopefully getting something around 4 Ghz stable.

Classified and 975 running at 4ghz? No problem unless you have a high leakage cpu. In which case smile and put it under Ln.

Why not have better cooling? A 975 is pretty much wasted on air. You can run 4.0 with a 920 D0 on air for $800 less. Not to mention the classified is a much better sub-zero clocker.

All of the components in this build were specifically requested by the customer I am doing this for. And you are both right, more could be achieved with something more intense than air cooling. But, this is what they requested and I do believe that they may even have intentions of adding water cooling down the road, if they feel it is necessary. But, air is what is on the menu for the time being. And frankly, I think we are going to get some good OCing in with just that.

But, thanks for tuning in and checking it out. We should have some more updates soon.

Here are some photos I took of the case before dropping it off with Bill to be painted.

You can see the side fresh air intake vents. This case has a semi-unusual setup, in that the front intake fan is set behind the hard drive cages. The side vents allow fresh air to be drawn in without going through the harddrives first. Also, you can see the vent on top. This has room for two 120 mm exhaust fans.
Silverstonetj10custompcmaxmnpctech.jpg

Front bay door open, top i/o panel open.
Silverstonetj10custompcmaxmnpctech2.jpg

Hard drive cages, which you can't see, but there is a fan in between the two cages and a vent on the base of the case. Pretty cool design. Then behind the hard drive area, there is the middle intake fans. You can see how there is a separated vent area between the hard drive cages and the intake fan. This means totally fresh air going into the motherboard area.
Silverstonetj10custompcmaxmnpctech4.jpg

Removable motherboard tray. This isn't anything to uncommon. But, what is uncommon about it in the TJ10 is that it is really nicely done. It slides like butter after removing 5 thumb screws from the back. A lot of cheaper cases don't always move very smoothly. Also, as you can see in the photo, the whole back panel surrounding the i/o ports and the expansion card slots moves with the tray. Some cases are not setup the same, and essentially you are forced to remove video cards before sliding the tray out. On the bottom of the case, you can see a vent for the power supply. This way, you can run the PSU up or down, your choice. The feet on this case are nice and tall, which means if you run the PSU fan down, it will have plenty of airflow through that bottom vent.
Silverstonetj10custompcmaxmnpctech3.jpg

I should be able to start dismantling the tj10 today Nate. Start filling in the door after removing the Silverstone logo. We'll do this, so it's a smooth flat surface for airbrushing the 2nd image over the entire bevel.

Heres a couple of other tj10 cases we've painted with automotive finishes.

Silverstone TJ10, with Dodge Charger "Sublime Green" factory paint application for customer.

casemodblog.com.sublimegreen1.jpg

The TJ10's matte black side vents fit the theme nice

casemodblog.com.sublimegreen4.jpg

casemodblog.com.sublimegreen6.jpg

casemodblog.com.sublimegreen8.jpg

Ferrari Corsa Red
1_ferrari_casemod_mnpctech9f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom