[Project Log] TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

More work in progress! Found a nice spot for The Mod Zoo monkey badge and it looks pretty nice in there.

Just a few things to fix up and start working on some cable management for the fans and LEDs. Once the sleeved cables arrive and I can get everything in and start tubing up finally!

FaHB9mN.jpg

0ekwa2K.jpg

UP1jDwB.jpg

6GLhw9N.jpg

wb33xAA.jpg

ciCCZYk.jpg

The two mounting holes for the 80mm fan grill don't really match unfortunately so will need to fix that :)

RgAQMoE.jpg

T3cAhM9.jpg

And here's a better look at the finished front panel.

bva7Xp3.jpg

jjFRtz1.jpg

wXndAIm.jpg

BBMQ9x0.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Thanks to Primochill for sending me a set of their awesome fittings to use in the build!

hQl73l4.jpg

HdLCYgs.jpg

HvpiZKh.jpg

e9PElyc.jpg

IHjIBOP.jpg

XeeXL8G.jpg

5PDCwQV.jpg

Most of the final pieces for this build are here now. Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

I have some more fittings to show, this time some extensions. Thanks a lot to Hugh from mydiy.com.au for helping out with these Barrow fittings. You can check out his eBay store HERE with some good prices on fittings.

a5qOWkq.jpg

fwI4RmF.jpg

ImvAMfK.jpg

ofytsMw.jpg

41JgR7r.jpg

wx1ltoi.jpg

Xxeids1.jpg

QWKz4SF.jpg

tGxbQ5F.jpg

TMg27F5.jpg

0frFWMy.jpg

vFJoltd.jpg

Not sure if I will use all of them yet but they will definitely come in handy for all the small tight corners in this build. I also need some spots to be really strong so just tubing won't do. Will make sure to show once ready.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

Here are the awesome cables from Icemodz! Thanks a lot to Mundi for making and sending me this kit. It's made from nice flexible paracord sleeve and should fit nicely in the system. Make sure to check out the icemodz.com website for all your custom cable and LED needs.

FVRG1EC.jpg

GxVMGoU.jpg

zT3apuP.jpg

h83caWe.jpg

XUMmnzF.jpg

YQGzbus.jpg

AACEV8l.jpg

KvmOku5.jpg

bk4maDk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's another update on this build! Most of the fittings and cables are now in and it's ready for tubing up! Just wanted to give you guys a quick look inside before tubing up.

IFRpfbs.jpg

That chrome colored fittings is the only straight rotary fittings that I had. Once the front radiator is in that fittings is not seen.

qYtU8j9.jpg

You can also see the LED strips are in, these are UV LEDs from Icemodz.

Txv5ifF.jpg

1Gx5pOF.jpg

5Rt1XhD.jpg

ODcLpuO.jpg

Not sure if you notice but I bent a piece of acrylic around the 80mm fans and also around the 140mm fan, thought it cleans things up a bit.

5lhiAG9.jpg

b9WLl4o.jpg

hHPAwME.jpg

8lxTyRx.jpg

1tOWldp.jpg

WbyptEa.jpg

VWqEG03.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Quick look at the case from the outside, tubing should be all done tonight. Next update will be that and finished build by the weekend!!!

vBHt1ah.jpg

VOAYpNJ.jpg

3QrqYMt.jpg

7KsI2Yp.jpg

ipYEYTs.jpg

IbGJefw.jpg

RDick1X.jpg

gb4RzcD.jpg

VH7vd16.jpg

gkxkkOJ.jpg

r8iiF1t.jpg

2fKwB7k.jpg

8EJ01f0.jpg

0Ctaxep.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

Here it is, tubing all done! The hard tubing used is 1/2" Primochill PETG. First time I've used PETG tubing over acrylic and it's awesome!

So easy to use, heats up and bends much quicker and then can just cut the ends of with a tube cutter :)

Let me know what you think of the bends, tried to keep tubing to a minimum.

QRKhQbM.jpg

vjhdsDt.jpg

eIsKOSO.jpg

2yZO9Gr.jpg

qXAab8P.jpg

So tight for the 24pin!

gmVyLXg.jpg

Pretty much leaning on the fan. Lucky it's on the back of it so, it's still able to spin.

0L0FFk5.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! I should have final pics up in a few days, will get it filled and install Win 10 on it. Will be my first PC with Win 10 on it.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here it is, last update! The build is finally finished!

Hope you've enjoyed this build logs and like the finished build!

I would like to say thanks again to all my sponsors for this project! Primochill for the awesome fittings and PETG tubing, MNPCTECH for all the modding supplies that came in very handy and of course Icemodz for the custom sleeved cables and LED strips, without them all the neat cable management would not have been possible! Also thanks to GGF Lan Party for kindly donating the Corsair 250D case :)

The coolant used is Mayhems X1 Clear UV Blue, love the effect it gives, completely clear under normal light and blue under UV!

St63acM.jpg

BAkFTSh.jpg

6pYipi7.jpg

NP8w5BN.jpg

tnWHins.jpg

K2pYRSP.jpg

9Te6tN2.jpg

SYHCLCY.jpg

tIBcHVz.jpg

oDmlhP0.jpg

D6DSPHw.jpg

J771n0t.jpg