[Project Log] TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D) - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: [Project Log] TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Okay guys, here it is! The case is nearly done, just need to get the acrylic windows on get the front panel Corsair piece on after cutting.

Maybe some of you have been waiting to see this since I announce the chrome painting. I hope you guys won't be disappointed as it this is not chrome but still looks very very good and I really like it. Like I explained, actual chrome paint or chrome plating would have been too expensive for my budged.

The panels are spot on and any imperfections you may see are all reflections from the surroundings. Though to bring the case outside to really showcase the paint job.

The front panel and also the rear case feet have been colour matched to the blue powder coat!

You can also see I made an acrylic piece and mounted it on the inside to cover the 5.25" bay. Drilled a small hole in the middle for the power button cable.

Dust filter

And the front panel cover, might need some cleaning up around the edges but really happy with the glossy look

Here is a good look at the side panel paint job

Will end up using the Blue vandal switch, fits better than the nickel plated one. Lucky Bill sent me this one too!

And this is the front panel cover, the Corsair shape will be cut out and then painted same as the side panels. This will be stuck over the original front panel cover and still be able to use the clip on feature and access the dust filter behind it.

Let me know what you guys think! Shady here seems to approve!

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

alexciobanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey guys,

Small update on the build and a very special announcement!

Firstly the announcement!

I'm very proud to say that the TOXIC CHROME build has been nominated in the Bit-Tech Mod of the Month for May 2015. You can find the voting link here if you want to show some love for my build!

Such an honor to have been nominated!

And now on to the build! I have the windows on, 3mm thick clear acrylic. Hope you guys like!

Think the windows look very good on the outside, something different! What do you guys think?

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Private Joker

Definitely looks pretty slick!

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Definitely looks pretty slick!
Thanks mate
Old 06-13-2015, 03:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey guys,

Here's the work I did on the front panel mod.

The piece is 1.2mm aluminum and what I used for the cutting is a Dremel Moto-Saw as you can see from the pictures. It's like a mini portable scroll saw, very handy and really good for the price.

I drilled small holes in the panel first so that I can begin the cutting with the scroll saw.

Bit of a learning curve with this but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. And it cut through this aluminum panel with no effort at all.

As you can see, the vinyl is my guide.

Here all the cutting was done and it was time for the filing to make it nice, smooth and even

I cut the corners same shape as the windows, gave it a scuff everywhere and it was done.

The whole thing took me about 3 hours to do. Now to get it sprayed!

I think it came out looking awesome and was surprised how easy it was to cut it once I got the hang of the scroll saw.

The Dremel Moto-Saw will definitely come in handy from now on, I wonder how it will do on some steel or thicker panels.

Let me know what you guys think?

Cheers,

Alex

Old 06-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey guys!

After a lot of exiting news from E3 as well as AMD and watching a bunch of press conferences over the past few days, it's time to get back to work on the build!

Those of you who know me and also my Vault Boy case mod can absolutely guarantee that I jumped on the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition straight after the Bethesda press conference! There are also a lot of ideas spinning around in my head about another Fallout case mod, a different one this time with a more post-apocalyptic look! If and when I decide to do that you will all surely find out

Back to the build!

Here is all the vinyl work I did for some of the components with some chrome vinyl!

You can see the SSD has been painted black. Also the fans cables have been shortened, crimped and re-sleeved, only some that needed it. I chose the toxic symbol for them, think it suits the build and also just a circle on the back to cover the fan housing.

Let me know what you guys think.

And guys the Mod of the Month voting is still going on Bit-Tech until the 28th of June and the race is really close! Have a look and cast a vote if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,

Alex

Old 06-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Private Joker

Vinyl work looks good!

Do you have a link to the Fallout case mod? Would love to see it!

I missed the Pipboy Edition preorder on Amazon...hoping they get more in stock.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Vinyl work looks good!

Do you have a link to the Fallout case mod? Would love to see it!

I missed the Pipboy Edition preorder on Amazon...hoping they get more in stock.

Thanks a lot! Yea sure, here is my Vault Boy - A Fallout Inspired Build, it's a build in a modded Bitfenix Prodigy

Full build log in the link above but here are a few pics of the completed build

I got my Pip-Boy edition from EB Games here in AU and it's also sold out now. Can't wait for this game to be released. I just hope the Pip-Boy will fit my iPhone 6 Plus
Old 06-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
Private Joker

Wow that's sick.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 AM   #40 (permalink)
The Ghost

Can't see the images, all I get are X's Might be the school's filter blocking the image source if he used an external site. Will try again when I get home