PROJECT : Kill Kitty (Now with nude pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PROJECT : Kill Kitty

Small update.

I will be picking up my vynal sticker tomorrow. I am also hoping that my fan controller comes in today.

I will be giving the system a good run this week end as I have a LAN party going on at my sister's place this week end.
One the games we will be playing is Crysis WarHead Multi Player.

The system ran quite well over the week end.
I was gaming for 2 days, and during that 2 days, I did not feel much heat coming from the case.
It's also good that my Lamptron FAN-ATIC 5-Port Military Switch Baybus Fan Controllor came in on the friday.

What I am planning on doing next is connect all the case fans to the fan controller. I do not need those case fan running when I am not gaming.

Next on my shopping list is
1x 3pin Fan power splitter - $3.00 : PC Case Gear
6x 3pin Extension Cable - $3.00 : PC Case Gear
3x Siliceous Washers (12 pack) - $4.50 : PC Case Gear
1x Siliceous Sheet for ATX PSU, Black - $6.50 : PC Case Gear

This should get my fans to go down in noise. The only other thing that I should pick up at some point in time is a silent GPU heat sink.

Are the washers for use between the case and the fan when mounted? They look like they would work pretty good, easier to install than grommets too (not that it's terribly hard to install them, but putting a washer over a bolt is still easier ;)).

Are the washers for use between the case and the fan when mounted? They look like they would work pretty good, easier to install than grommets too (not that it's terribly hard to install them, but putting a washer over a bolt is still easier ;)).

Yes. Some one was commenting about Gromments on the weekend.
They seem a lot better value for money than Siliceous Sheet for 80mm Fans. I am hoping that the gear shows up tomorrow.

After that, I would be going over to MCP Tech for some Red Anodized Case Thumbscrew (just can not get Red then down in Australia right now) along with what ever fangrill I choose to pick up.

I got my gear from PC Case Gear. It's helping out with the noise. However I do nee to get some thing for the GPU fan.

Now that it's day light savings (or what ever it they call it that means that the sun goes down later) I am going to going to start black and red checker pattern soon on the edges.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 103

KC, I have a few questions about the fan controller. How long is the power cable for it, and the 3 pin extension cables? From these pics: Newegg.com - 1ST PC CORP. FC-FANATIC-B Lamptron 5.25" 5-channel fan controller, 60w/channel, High/Low/Off switch - Controller Panels, the power cable doesn't look too long, but I can't tell with the 3 pin extensions. Just wondering to see how many extra cables I would need.

I got my fancontroller 2nd hand off a forum. With the fan controller i was given 2 fan extension cable for it. I am not sure how came with it orginally. The externsion cables were about 30cm

Ok, thanks. I think the 3 pin extensions must be 30 cm then (they look pretty long in the image).

Ok, thanks. I think the 3 pin extensions must be 30 cm then (they look pretty long in the image).
They were a lot longer that the "30cm" cables that i got from PC Case Gear.
Actually with out looking at them, I would say that they are closer to 40cm.

Right now, I am trying to figure out the best way to cable manage the fan cable that is on my side panel. The way is connected right now, I got this ugly fan cable going to cross the perspect.

The other thing that i am trying to cable manage is my hard drive activity lights cables that are coming from my RAID controller card to my External hard drive enclosures.

40cm? I might not have to get another 3 pin extension then (for the bottom fan on the cm690).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom