[Project] Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hard time fitting the 24-pin to the motherboard. I had to force it in. I didn't want to RMA it because then I would have to wait longer. The heatstink should arrive tomorrow and the rest will be picked up on Saturday so the build would be running on Saturday. Not sure if I will have time to overclock it. Maybe Sunday.

I am going to start picking my parts for my i7 build and will order it in 1-2 weeks.

3DMark06: ORB - World of Performance (Stock)

I am not sure if Turbo Mode raised the multiplier, but the results showed it was at stock. Some programs show 3.2GHz and others show 2.66GHz. Today, I reapplied MX-2 on the CPU and GPU, but didn't see any difference.

EDIT:
Probably next week, I will overclock the system to its max. Busy with school stuff.

I will have it built in 2-3 weeks. The parts in my signature are already ordered. Today, I recieved the G15. The EVGA motherboard and G5 will arrive on Tuesday. The 2x 5870 are backordered so I don't know how long will it take to arrive. I am going to order some parts tomorrow like the HDD since they have a 10% off on HDD. If I am missing any parts, I will order them next week. I am probably just getting a 1920x1080 monitor and a GPU because I am going to sell both 5870 as soon as I finish benching them so I can save money for upgrades like the GT300. But, I don't want to because the ATI drivers are new. I just want to reach 30k on 3DMark06 with the 5870. Like what I said in here:

1. Gain 25 pounds.
2. First person to get over 30k in 3dmark06 in tech-forums.
3. Steal nosboost spot.
4. get my permit.
5. get over 4.0 GPA.
6. move to a house with my brothers.
7. get an A in my geometry preap class.
still thinking.

ill make sure 2 & 3 happens.

1. Gain 25 pounds.
2. First person to get over 30k in 3dmark06 in tech-forums.
3. Steal nosboost spot.
4. get my permit.
5. get over 4.0 GPA.
6. move to a house with my brothers.
7. get an A in my geometry preap class.
still thinking.

ill make sure 2 & 3 happens.

I think two might happen when newer drivers are out.

What do you mean by "take Nosboost(s') spot?"

^i think he means take his spot on the score list. I think it is kinda pointless to just buy 2 5870's for benching and then just sell them, but that is just me.

I think two might happen when newer drivers are out.

What do you mean by "take Nosboost(s') spot?"

When I wrote that post, Nosboost was #1 in 3dmark06.
In HWBot.org, there are some people that reached 30k. Most of them just have their CPU overclocked. Search results. - hwbot.org

^i think he means take his spot on the score list. I think it is kinda pointless to just buy 2 5870's for benching and then just sell them, but that is just me.

I was going to keep one, but I am way to busy with school stuff so I won't be gaming as much as before. A GTX 260 or 5750 would be enough since GT300 are coming out in 1-2 months.

I like the build a lot, but with the case, you could have achieved much better wire management. With such a nice build, I would have taken a little more time with it.

Nice work, i would have done two Nvidia Cards SLI them together. You already spent a big chunk of money, might as well add another card (~$250) and an SLI Connector (~$30) and had two video cards to pump out twice the power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom