Project: EVGA Classified SR-2 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another vertical member was added to the opening in the front of the case and the front panel was fabricated just like all the others.

TopFrontPanel.jpg

TopFrontPanel2.jpg

TopFrontPanel3.jpg

TopFrontPanel4.jpg

TopFrontPanelCU.jpg

Cutouts for accessing and viewing the inside of the top case were routed out of the side panels. I was able to re-use two router template jigs for the cutouts, although one had to be mod'd to reduce the width of the cutout.

SidePanelWindowTemplate.jpg

Threaded inserts were installed in order to attach removable plywood covers over the cutouts.

TopCaseSidePanelCutouts.jpg

TopCaseSidePanelCutoutsCU.jpg

My next task is to build a shelf to fix that droopy motherboard tray.

I managed to spend a few hours in the shop this morning working on fastening the top divider to the case itself. But just like everything else on this case, nothing is fastened permanently, which meant I needed to install some more threaded inserts.

TopDividerThreadedInsert.jpg

TopDivider4.jpg

The divider is attached to the side panel's solid oak rails:

TopDivider5.jpg

TopDivder6.jpg

It's finally taking some good recognizable shape and it looks incredible. I'm actually most curious about fan and rad placement as well as wire management.

I hope to see this on million dollar pc

Even the most mundane aspects of a build often require many small steps in order for them to come out just right. For example, in this build the fastening of the side panel covers required having to accurately transfer the locations of several threaded inserts to the covers, which was accomplished by first screwing in some button head screws into the threaded inserts.

TopPanlTransferwButtonHeads.jpg

Followed by taping a cover perfectly centered over the cutout. And then using a deep throat clamp, transfer an impression of the button head screw into the backside of the cover.

TopPanelTransferwClamp.jpg

ButtonheadIndentCU.jpg

TopSidePanelCovers.jpg

Lastly, with all of the fastening and unfastening of bolts into and out of the threaded inserts, some of them started to become loose. After testing many types of glues, the best method for fixing the loose threaded inserts was to flood the area with Cyanoacrylate glue. Blue painters tape with punched-out holes was used to prevent getting glue everywhere.

TopSidePanelCrazyGlued.jpg

how many hours do you have into this case?

how much does it weigh?

what hardware are you going to be putting into it?

how much has this costed so far?

how much percentage is it done? like 70%?

i cant wait for this to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom