Project Afterburner 900 Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
A little background history, I am an avid goer of PDXLAN, the largest lan party on the west coast of the US. I won 5th place in the mod competition at the last one, and I intend to take first place by storm this LAN! This LAN's theme was the Antec 900... all mods had to be based on this case. I had one lying around, beat to all ****, so I figured this would be a perfect opportunity for me to do some cheap modding! Issue was, after the ideas started flowing, my wallet slowly drained. Here is the fruit of my efforts/ paycheck!

Here is my shipment from Performance PC's, they stuck a cat in the box too, I don't know what to do with it but it sure is cute!

25801d68.jpg

Here is the interior of the case after I got done putting trim on the holes and got my wiring all done up. All the wires will be hidden behind the mobo when I am through.

3694755a.jpg

Here is a shot of the front sans panel.

e71970bb.jpg

Here is a closeup shot of that

809d6098.jpg

This is the custom piece that I built to extend the top panel so I can mount the thermochill.

f7348a54.jpg

A shot of it all together

765eab03.jpg

And finally my desk with the current shuttle that I am using while I build this:

03bec5fc.jpg

First, I got the top radiator panel made up.

0d0822e8.jpg

de2bea08.jpg

050a9040.jpg

f5bea726.jpg

ec859d8a.jpg

Obviously, I need to do a lot of bondo and sanding on it, then paint! I also need some longer screws, the ones I bought were the right thread but about 1mm too short! A real shame.

Here is a great money shot showing off teh sexy AC Ryan Blackfire fans.
a3499cf3.jpg

And finally, I got the side panel (partially) cut... my diamond bit blade ended up rounding off right on the home stretch :( I will be fixing that soon though. And of course, the top panel in all of its glory, fully mounted and locked to the top of the case!

5538505b.jpg

And one more for yeh!

10e853cb.jpg

Yes, I have teh pictures!

First, I got the top piece finished for the most part... there are still some grooves and ridges I have to take care of but this is where I am at thus far.

DSCF2116.jpg

Sooooo smooth.

DSCF2117.jpg

Here is how it looks in the back. That was the easiest part obviously.

DSCF2118.jpg

Heres the wiring work that I did... I got all my wires fed through behind the mobo, the pump(s) are in place, its lookin great!

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2115.jpg

Heres the front, I am really happy with the wiring up here, it came out really clean... that silver thing above the HD's is an LED bar, it will illuminate the PALIT logo that will be on the front panel once it gets here.

DSCF2120.jpg

I got some new hardware too!

Corsair Dominator DDR800

DSCF2121.jpg

I also removed the LED from my Xfi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty edition... I didn't want that stinkin F on there.

DSCF2122.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg

And it all together thus far:
DSCF2119.jpg

I got a fair bit of work done so far this weekend:

First, I got a ROUGH outline for the LCD placement done, as well as drilled holes for the fillports and power button.

d3fdd1cc.jpg

Next, I got the side panel painted and trimmed... window will be coming soon.

cfcc44f0.jpg

Close up shot of the paint... what looks like damage is actually the metal flakes in the paint reflecting light.

45235b27.jpg

And, the money shot of my PC, the new front panel custom designed by myself in association with Danger Den. Thanks again to them, and thanks to Palit for the great video card sponsorship! Hear me out, these cards really are great, Palit deviates from reference design at times, in order to get maximum performance, and it shows!

ec14d17c.jpg

And here is a shot of it all together so far.

e6cb611d.jpg

Wiring comes up next week, my sponsor should be sending me the dual 4850's soon, and the mobo is on its way from newegg! (Asus Rampage Formula)

PDX Lan?? As in Portland? Woot! I live in the Metro.

Anything with Project in the title is bound to be good (note my sig). That looks pretty epic, Are you going to put the stock mesh back over those orange fans in the front? Or am I missing something?

Hehe, you were just too fast, I posted the rest of the pics of what went up front after you posted.

About 20, and I got 20 more to go haha. I have most of the case finished, but the system is dual WC loops, so I have to set all that up, as well as get the entire top panel done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom