Project Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristotlewilde

Solid State Member
Ok, I've got this older HP machine with an Athlon 1.3 and 512MB of RAM that I've kept around for playing with Linux and other such projects.

Now that I dual boot my main machone, I have this thing collecting dust and want to do something with it over the next two weekends.

Here are my ideas, which should I tackle?

1) The case is already dismantled, so I was thinking of completely repainting and adding windows and a couple of lights. Right now it looks like the picture below. I was thinking of maybe going with a bright color and keeping the smoked plastic parts the same, maybe even painting the chassis to show through the windows.
7935.jpg

2) Ok, bear with me, I am a lifelong pro wrestling fan and have a ton of old collectibles (mostly still sealed in boxes). I have a few wrestling rings for action figures (see picture below). I was thinking about using one (actually to fit a PSU, I'll have to stack 2 bases on top of one another utilizing one mat and set of ropes) as a custom case.

Amazingly enough, the ring itself is roughly the same size as the current case, so fitting the motherboard, PSU and other components shouldn't be difficult. I've just never fashioned a case from scratch before, so I will probably have issues with wiring the reset switch and making sure it is ground properly.

d6_1_b.JPG

Which project would you choose?

Thatis pretty much how I am leaning since I've got it all properly dismantled and I have all the parts needed already in reserve, including the Dremel.

Only issue is that it is going to look a helluva lot faster than it is!

Entire system is in pieces.

Windows cut. Sanded and primed for paint. First coat commences in 45 minutes.

Will post pics when near complete.

Been a fan since I was like 7 yrs. old and never grew out of it. Funny thing is now I tend to fast forward through the matches and watch it like a normal tv show with storylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom