Program to overclock my 4850 on win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4all

Solid State Member
hey guys im on windows 7 and i cant seem to overclock with rivaturner because of some forceware stuff that i cant find for ati cards. Is there any other way to OC? windows 7 64bit btw

MSI Afterburner works with ATi cards but you really don't even need that. Right click, open the ATI Control Panel, and bring up the ATi Overdrive tab. The control panel has overclocking built right in. Click the lock if it is locked to unlock the settings and then you can control your core and RAM speeds as well as your fan speed. MSI Afterburner adds the ability to adjust the core voltage if your card is supported (you need a reference board to get voltage control, some of the third party PCB designs do not have the same voltage controller that the reference design does).

got it! thanks guys! by any chance any you guys got a 4850 and know whats a safe overclock and still get the most out of it?

As long as you don't change the voltage you're pretty much free to experiment with the clock speed. Keep an eye on the temperature though, don't want it to go above around 65-70C. GPU's can get hotter than that but I don't recommend anything getting hotter than 70C. If you push the clock too high you'll start to see artifacts or your system may crash. If this happens you know you went too far. It is very rare for overclocking by itself to damage hardware, hardware gets damaged from pushing the voltage too high or letting it overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom