Processor fan and heatsink question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCnEWB

Beta member
Hey everybody, I'm new to this sight and Im just finishing up my first built PC. I have a problem though, I can't seem to find the right sized heatsink and fan that will fit my Mobo. If anyone can help me at all that would be good. I bought all my parts off newegg.com. I emailed them and the company that built the mobo to see if they could help and they were both useless..lol. Anyway here are the specs.

Mobo - ECS "648FX-A" SiS648FX Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU

You would think i just need a socket 478 fan and heatsink, but most of those are square ranging from 70mm to 80mm. But the retention module on the mobo, where the heatsink and fan should go, is a rectangle. I contacted ECS for help and they said to constact the people i bought it from which was newegg and i contacted newegg who told me to contact ECS..lol, so you see where the problem lies.

The processor i bought is a pentium4 2.8GHz

There HAS to be a heatsink and fan that will fit somewhere, i dunno if im just being retarded or what, like i said this is my first and i built it without much knowledge. If you need any other specs or would just like to see what I bought just let me know.

Thanks

If you found a P4 heatsink that did not work i would be totally surprised,Just make sure you don't cheap out when you buy 1,I suggest you get 1 made from copper as they tend to cool the best and make sure the fan has good cfm's.

Thanks, you guys were a big help. I will def research and make sure i get a good heatsink

btw, whats cfm's?

still tryin to figure out the lingo in the comp world, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom