Probs with Koolance blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belzybub

Baseband Member
"galvanic corrosion"? with premix fluids from Koolance. Never heard of this till today.

Non-conductive coolant nickle plating. How does this happen? Who has seen it? Do you have pictures? I do not see how an oil based non-conductive fluid can cause this.

I read it. cool thanks alot. Koolance has numbers very close to the others, and with the gold plate and proper mix or very thin oil you will not have a prob.

Note that those are all old CPU blocks and each has a succesor.

The new Koolance block, the 350, really isn't bad, they are starting to learn their lesson about using aluminum and this block has none.

However it is incredibly high restriction and performs slightly behind the big 3. D-tek Fuzion V2, EK Supreme, Swiftech GTZ.

So in terms of current blocks any of the aove will work just fine. Between the 4 were talking a difference of 1-2 degrees tops. Just know that the Koolance and EK are the best for cpu only loops, the gtz for loops with 2 blocks, and the D-tek for loops with more than 2 blocks.

Note that those are all old CPU blocks and each has a succesor.

The new Koolance block, the 350, really isn't bad, they are starting to learn their lesson about using aluminum and this block has none.

However it is incredibly high restriction and performs slightly behind the big 3. D-tek Fuzion V2, EK Supreme, Swiftech GTZ.

So in terms of current blocks any of the aove will work just fine. Between the 4 were talking a difference of 1-2 degrees tops. Just know that the Koolance and EK are the best for cpu only loops, the gtz for loops with 2 blocks, and the D-tek for loops with more than 2 blocks.

Thanks man. I looked into everything you said. Koolance has the only I7 adapter I could find and it was only 17 bucks. I am going with an industrial pump as well. 25' of head should be enough. I think if I put enough PSI to it to get more flow we may have a winner.

its not a problem with the coolant... its because of the mix of metals Koolance uses for their blocks...

also, Swiftech has i7 mounting brackets and will perform much better with an i7 rig than the Koolance block (because of the higher flow rate acheivable)

its not a problem with the coolant... its because of the mix of metals Koolance uses for their blocks...

All the newest Koolance blocks are exclusively copper.

They apparently have learned that saving a buck in materials isn't worth the headache in the long run as a result of corrosion.

yeah... thats only their newest line of blocks though :(... anything else from them is still gonna die pretty quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom