problems overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned off the speed step in the bios but am still seeing the core speeds changing. I read through my bios guide and can't find anything else it would be.

Look for a CxE Function or it may be something like Enhanced C1 (C1E) or C1E Enhanced Halt State or something simular.

Add before the http like this

[img]http:

and then add to the end of the link like this

/capture004.png[/img]

Do it for each of the links and you'll end up with this
capture004.png

capture003x.png

But we also want a screenshot of the memory tab of cpu-z
and I want to see a screenshot of Hardware Monitor while LinX is running. Start Hardware Monitor and then start LinX. Using the picture below, click the "ALL" button, select Times to run as "3" and click start. Wait at least 1 minute and capture your screenshot. Stop Linx. Post your screenshot :D

linxw.jpg

Are you using the stock heatsink with your cpu? While your not overheating, now, your temperatures are high enough at the moment to limit you to only a small overclock. I really wouldn't expect you to get more than a 200 or 300MHz increase.

Also, your 8800GTX is also running hot. At an idle I would expect it to be in the low 50's or High 40's.

While it's better than the stock heatsink, the Asus V-60 isn't the best choice. You might get to 3GHz but I would realistically expect something like 2.8GHz. At full load you really want to keep your cpu's temperature below 60dC if possible, the low 60's is acceptable but not really recommended.

You should throughly clean the fans and heatsinks of both your cpu and the video card. I would also apply some new thermal paste to the cpu and possibly the video card also.
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

A better fan for your V-60 may also help your cpu temps.
Newegg.com - Scythe SFF92D 92mm Case Fan - Case Fans
But I would consider a whole new heatsink.
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

For your videocard you can use EVGA Precision to control your fan speeds. It works great.
EVGA Precision 1.9.1 download from Guru3D.com

I had a pair of 8800 GTX's a few years back. I replaced the stock heatsinks with these. They worked Great :D
Thermaltake DuOrb Dual LED Fan & Dual Heatpipe Universal VGA Cooler (CL-G0102) - FrozenCPU.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom