Problems overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_lightning2001

Baseband Member
I used to have my cpu overclocked to somewhere around 2.8 or 2.9GHz and now if I try and go anything over the stock 2.2, my comp won't start up. It won't post or anything. It comes on and I can see all the fans spinning, the lights come on, and I can hear the hard drives spinning, but that's it. It's getting to be a pita to have to reset the cmos every time I try. Here are some screen shots from cupz. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks in advance.

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

I guess I'm not sure what you mean vcore. Here is a pic of my bios set up.

100_0256.jpg

Is there another place in the bios that will have more options? If so I haven't seen them. Thanks again.

Thanks for the post. I wish I could remember step by step what I did last time. I guess I will just try the program and see how that goes.

Thanks, but I have increased the NB. Maybe I'm not going far enough or maybe too far. Going by what is on the pic could someone recommend a good setting for everything. Thanks again.

Okay, I just looked up my exact motherboard thinking that maybe the bios needed updated and it says it only accepts P4 cpu's. It says absolutely nothing about support for a dual core. So does that mean that I'm going to have to get a new motherboard to reach my cpu's full potential? I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing considering that right now I'm limited to only 2GB DDR2. Also if I just go with a new board, is it better to have a 2GB stick in every slot or is it the same to have one 4GB stick in one slot? Thanks.

Well, Yha you'd get upto 6 or 8 gigs, and 4 slots actually. You'd have to jump to a 64biut windows to use all 4gigs.

But 2gigs is just fine, for i assume you have xp.

In all hoinestly, updating just your mobo right now might be a waste. Might want to save for an i5 machine, so youre caught up in the computer tech for another few years.

Hmm, /i just searched and found this:
CPU-Upgrade: MSI P4M890M-L/IL (MS-7255) cpu support and features

Your board will support ALOT of c2ds

Just need to remember how you oc'd before ;)

Spread Spectrum - Disabled

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency - 255 will = 2.8GHz / 264 will = 2.9GHz

DRAM Frequency - I don't know what options you have, all I see is Auto. You'll want to try different settings, your wanting to keep the "Adjusted DDR Memory Frequency" as close to 667 as you can. You should be able to see this value without restarting

Adjust PCIE Frequency - 100 should be good. You can try 101.

Adjust AGP/PCI Frequency - 33.3

Memory Voltage - 1.8v should be good at 667 if your slightly over 667 try 1.85-1.9v

NB Voltage - It's been awhile but I think the default voltage should be 1.3v, I wouldn't go higher than 1.4v-1.5v. However, your mobo has a Via chipset I could be wrong here.

Spread Spectrum - Disabled

To be perfectly honest I don't see you getting your "Adjust CPU FSB Frequency" past 220 without a CPU Vcore Voltage adjustment. Good Luck, proceed at your own risk, I will burden none of your potential losses :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom