Problems already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh... well i maxed out at 2.8 ghz, well ididnt try anything between 2.8 and 3.0 so i dunno, maybe i could get 2.9... not too sure..... i've gotta wait til i get better ram i guess for some higher speeds.... grrr

i thought i ruined my computer.... i didnt get a post when i turned back on... but then i realized i didnt clear cmos long enough.. ha.. had me going

Use Everest to test the RAM bandwidth.
Since you are going for 1GB, get some TCCD RAM chips, you can get some insane overclocking results.

whats in it, or what clock frequency am i at.. i guess i will answer both

abit kn8 sli
1gb pc 3200 compaq ram -_-
250gb hd 8mb cache (brand.. i don't know, it was in my compaq)
MSI 6800 GS Coolmax 450 watt psu

as for my ram speed i'm at pc 260 or something like that now, after using pc 333 with 2.4 ghz it had an error after maybe 30 min... so i dunno, 2.4 runs like a charm, i love the speed of this processor and easy flow between all the programs i run at once. and whats a tccd chip?

ooo, ya, i plan on doing some heavy gaming, i've been having problems installing fear today, but i just installed windows sp2, i'm hoping that'll solve the problem i've had.... ya, i'm gonna be doing some big gaming, not too heavy though, i play maybe every other day.. i also do alot of multi-tasking, photoshop, wmp, aim, internet explorer, and limewire, i'm hoping i'll be able to run this all together flawlessly now... i just overclocked back to 2.8, so i'm gonna download this program up there now, see how this benchmarks

well from what i've seen 1gb ram has served me well playing fear with no lag, maybe online with 16 players at a small level is the only time i will notice it, but i blame that on the settings i try to play on with my this 6800.. pushing it to its limits...

It basically tells you how fast your CPU really is. You can compare the times you got to other CPU's and see how much better yours is.

I got 26m51.110s with 32M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom