Problems already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
well, already, i'm having some troubles overclocking... if i put the fsb over 240 windows doesnt seem to start, its gets an error loading microsoft config, or something like that...... and pretty much anything over fsb 210 i get more errors... its only at 29 degrees, so i dont see the problem, i should have up the voltage at such low speeds, do you think its the ram??? i'm using 1 gig of crap compaq ram, i wouldnt doubt that was the problem.... so i'm guessing overclocking is a no no for me until i get my 2 gigs of patriot ram... unless someones got a suggestion

Put PCI lock on, and put the HTT multiplier down to 4x. The hypertransport doesn't go much over 2ghz.

ehh.... put the htt 4x... and pci lock is on, but still, won't budge... the temp is extremely low so i know its not that, today it was at 20 degrees idol.... so any other suggestions? it can't be the psu... because it only has problems loading a windows file some awkward reason... maybe i need to up the ram speed? i don't know why it wouldnt load a window file just because of a higher clock speed... but when i put it back to 2.35 ghz and lower it runs just fine, no errors or anything

The CPU HTT and the RAM speed want to run in a 1:1 ratio (200MHz:200MHz) so that they can communicate without a bottleneck. A ram divider sets the ram at a lower speed. So on a 5:6 ratio the ram will be running at 166MHz while the HTT is running at 200MHz. You use this when you ram can't go any higher. Example:

Say your HTT is at 225 running with a 1:1 ratio with the ram. Your ram is also running at 225MHz, but when you overclock any higher the ram craps out on you. By setting the ram to run at 166MHz instead of 200MHz your ram will now be running at 191MHz and completely problem free (166+25=191).

okay, so i have to downclock the ram????

okay, which bio's option would this be under... i'm not at home right now, so i'll have to check later if i can find it... because i am eager to hit at least 2.6....

and i have another question.... now that i'm more aware of overclocking, would you recommend i get higher than pc 3200

higher will be faster, but the pc3200 has the best timings, unless you want to spend a lot.

hrmmm how much of a concern would the timing really be??? i just want my processor to haul some as5, haha... what a dumb thing of me to say.... whatever it takes for me to hit 2.6 or 2.8 ghz is what i want, so could someone advise me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom