Problem with my new build comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlooTzaK

Solid State Member
Hi guys,
I just build a new computer and when i went to turn it on the fans flashed the color and moved a little but then stopped. It was like it just shut down.

After messing with it a bit we figured out that you have to press up on the power supply cords (from the inside of the computer, a pain in the ass) to get it to turn on. The fans on the power suppy, the processor, and the fan on the side of the case work but the monitor doesnt turn on and the keyboard flashes the greenlights that indicated the capslock and scroll lock but thats it. SO i really dont know what to do. Its like its got a short circuit or something. I figure its the power supply thats messed up so i guess i should get a new one but i just wanted to see if any of u guys could help me out.

If u need any information just let me know and ill post it

the power supply is 550Watts

Do you have a spare power supply around that you could try? If you have to move the wires for it to work it's probably your psu.

I'm a noob tho:p

Ya, if you have to hold your wires in place just to start the computer, then its time to get a new one, even if something else if wrong.

Good for you! I would make a whole new thread if you come up with any more problems to ensure you get the advice you need:)

yea thats what it was and im writing this post on my new comp :) its so fast :)
thx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom