problem....help

Status
Not open for further replies.

atom2134

Beta member
i reformatted my computer and now when i install windows back onto it it keeps over heating....i got a new heat sink, and i really dont know what to do!?

do you know what the temp was before? did you change anything in the bio? is the hsf on right? is anything blocking air flow? when does the comp shut down if it does.

u might wanna do all ur windows updates and see if that helps. when i bought some rear fans on my comp, it started running hotter and i was like wtf man, fans are supposed to HELP. the problem was that the mesh screen was blowing air back cuz the air couldnt get through which ws messing up circulation. i cut out the mesh srcreen and that helped me imensly. jus a thing u might want to consider doing if u have rear fans =)

yea definatly cutout the grill also try and get some temps and if all else fails run ur pc with a side off lol

u could look into a watercooled system but those are a bit expensive but they work. i dont know if u want to use one cuz if something goes wrong goodbye computer =( but, i dont think things go wrong that often with them. also, what CPU fan and heatsink do u have? look into getting a good one. you could also get a funnel on ur heatsink so u can run a larger fan. is it ur CPU or ur Motherboard or ur vid card do u think. cuz if it is ur vid card u shuld get a slot fan that sits a slot over from the vid card. i have one of those and i have never had an overheating problem.

My votes for running the computer with side panel off..hahaha....but if you don't want to you could just upgrade the fans you currently have to more powerful ones, check for circulation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom