Problem in games >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

oogee

Baseband Member
I have been running World of warcraft on my system and i have been plagued with system lock ups for years, but this time its a little different. It used to freeze while the sound skipped and eventually required a reboot. But now it's a little more stable and freezes while the sound skips, but every once in a while the sound will change and the mouse is movable, but it is still in a frozen state. Sometimes it seems like it is about to unfreeze, then the mouse freezes again. The only real difference now is it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes. Does anyone know what this sounds like it is caused by? Name the part and i can most likely do some research to fix a more precise problem.

Thanks

Specs: Q9450
Ocz 1333mhz Ddr3 Platinum 4Gb
Evga 790i Mb
Silverstone 1000W PSU
Evga 9800gx2

Edit: FYI i did have my processor overclocked quite a bit from 2.6-3.5 I know it seems obviouse that it might have been that, but i ran with no freeze ups for almost a year under that OC. I Put it back to Stock Clock. Even so does this sound like a processor Oc problem? The symptoms i mean.

Possibly, Your CPU might have run stable for a year, but have become unstable after so much use. Did you Increment the voltage as you were overclocking to such a big ammount?

Have you tried running scans to check you have no harmful programs/spyware/malware etc on your pc? Because this might even cause it , there are so many possible causes.

I'd suggest downloading and updating your 9800 drivers too, i'm running the same card, and ive had some problems with gaming. It was solved by updating my drivers to the latest.

-Dan.

EDIT: If i were you, i'd check the CPU temps using a free program such as Everest Home Edition

Do a google search to downlad it.

Well thanks for the tips, i appreciate it =). But after i put my CPU back to clock speeds and updated my video drivers i went one whole day without a freeze until this morning. There was nothing graphically intense on the screen when it happened in my game,but this time the sound did not skip and my mouse was still free to move, yet the screen looked as tho it had been on a Screen shot. Simply put the screen was frozen, but my mouse and sound were still functional. Also my keyboard is not responsive to Numlock/Capslock Light indicators when this happens.

FYI i am running Widows XP 64bit if that helps.

Edit: My temps are always low because of my rooms ambient temperature and the cooling system i have in my machine, even when overclocked.

Edit#2: I forgot to mention No matter what i do i get Extreme screen tearing in game, when i never used to in the past. And i know almost every software fix/Tweek to fix it, but still no resolve.

the gx2 always had issues in wow and it's been well documented. Try running it without SLI enabled and see if that fixes your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom