Not open for further replies.

jfav15

Solid State Member
I built a computer with the following specs

Mach Speed pt800dbp m/b
intel celeron 2.0 ghz
128 mb ram
20 GB h/d

at first when i built it, it would "freeze" at the setup screen and would not try to detect and IDE drives. Think the probelm rested with the m/b I sent away and got a new one. However, upon building it again, the problem persisted. I then sent away for a new processor and the problem still persisted. I tried new RAM from a working computer and have had others look at it to see if I was missing something and we are stumped.

Anyone have any ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex81388 said:
Is your Hard Drive Serial ATA???

i doubt it if its only 20gb.

Are you sure that the motherboard is compatible with the celeron processor? I dont know much about intel's mobos or cpu's but its just a guess. you might want to check the hard drive. i had the same problem with my system. the hard drive was corrupt. when i installed windows xp, a few days later the hard drive just went out and the installation of windows xp was corrupt. i put in anohter hard drive with xp and its worked fine ever since. good luck.

no, it is not a serial ata

i have tried 2 other h/d's from working computers and I still have the problem...

anything else? thanks for the replies.

and i have checked and double checked compatibility and contacted Intel and the celeron processor is compatible with the m/b.

this is one of the strangest problems i have ever encountered but, hey...thats computers.

i cant get into the bios. i never got past the point where the computer scans for IDE drives. i get video and the setup screen is displayed, but it just "freezes" there and nothing happens..

Thanks for the replies

Ok first tell me excatly the name of your mobo and hard drive. I can probably help you the.

Have you tried removing the HD's?? If you remove them and boot up your computer and it gets through the POST screen then you can probably assume it's the HD given you troubles.

The mobo is a Mach Speed PT800DBP and the hard drives are ones that I have salvaged from other computers...

1). Maxtor N256 (20 GB)
2). WD Caviar 22100 (7 GB)

Again, thanks for the replies. Help is muchly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom