Problem with 6800 GT OC *need Quick Help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
Sup guys well i have a problem. We built a computer for my friend and his dad. One is a 3.2 and another one is a 3.4. Both have the Nvidia 6800 gt OC in it. Everytime we play guild wars, BF2 or anything else... The video card overheats. The card is Very hot and everything else. It bacisally restarts its self and has a blue screen. Nothing is on that screen. When we let it cool off its fine. The Room is a A/C room and its always 67-69 degrees in there. So its not anything like that. Has anyone had any other issues? Its doing the Same thing on both computers, the 3.2 and the 3.4. We even ran it with the side off and Same problems. Any Help as fast as possible will be great. Thanks

Well, its not my computer. Its my friends. Both fans are working. But we got the other one fixed, but now what its doing is, while in game it just freezes. We can alt tab but nothing else happens. You can only alt tab and press CTRL ALT Delete and end now. Thats it. What do u think is happening?

Yep, cooling problem.

Depending on yer manufacture, the 6800 cards run kinda hot. Especially if you overclock them. You might want to try incrementally increasing your speeds till you figure out exactly when it is becoming unstable. Not that you really need to, though. A 6800GT OC'ed to the speed of an Ultra, is no big deal, and will run circles around most other cards without breaking a sweat.

He said 6800GT OC which leads me to believe that he bought one of those pre oc'd BFG cards... MISTAKE!!! Why would you pay someone ELSE to oc for you? Just for the novelty of saying your graphics card is OC'd I guess.

As they said, it is cooling. Cool that bytch down, COOL IT DOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom