PRIme 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I just installed PRIME95 on my computer and i looked under options, and i cannot select torture test. Is there something that i did wrong when installing it or was there somethign that i was supposed to do before i tried to run the test.

Help is appreciated

Nick

What version are you using? I havent looked in a long time to see if there is a new version out there. I'd have to check to see what version I am running myself.

You can google for an older version, or try a reinstall.

yeah i was in the middle of a test when i was trying to do the torture test. All i had to do was go to test>stop, and then i could go to options>torture test. Since i never used the program before i didn't know that a red icon meant it was testing ; )

Well I am glad you figured out your problem, see not always is it such a hard thing to solve hehe.

I would stay away from prime95. Its not the best in my opinion, When I did my first build I was so worried about prime95 and I ended up losing fun of what I wanted to do with my computer, play games and talk to friends.

I found prime95 to be a bit strict and seems to not be exactly what I would need in order to stay stable. I havent used prime 95 for a long time but I'll say this. If you can boot into windows, do all your benchmarks keep your computer cool and still play all games you love and no crashes. I consider that pretty stable. I don't need a program to say that the 23020320 shell of the 25950 bit that it had an error I could care a less..

I have my system below for a year and it hasnt crashed in over 6 months.

Goodluck though. some people live by prime95 to say they are stable.. I could care a less.. if I can own you in cs:s and dod:s and rainbow six and half life 2 why should I care if I failed prime95 5 secs before 24 hours? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom