the Power Switch, Compatibility issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Baseband Member
I realize that the power switch is wired to the motherboard ( along with the power/IDE indicator lights) and that the switch comes with the case, so my question is will a pentium 3 era case be compatible with a brand new off-the-shelf motherboard?

this is the case i may buy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51059&item=6715403821&rd=1

and I plan on getting a motherboard similar to this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1244&item=6715865299&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

will the power switch be compatible

and are the switches/connectors/sockets universal for ATX cases/motherboards?

thanks in advance

Poer buttons are a standard. Everything works with everything.

Also- the case is crap. I hope you dont expect to use that power supply. Cos basically all youll be buying is a big steel box for $20.

was planning on kicking the 300W power supply and simply using the case but now i have some second opinions on it ;)

what do you think would be bad about it?

you mean using the power supply that comes with the case? as i said before, 20 bucks is cheap, i would not trust the power supply either, i would up it to a name brand 350+ watt psu at least. if money is truely a priority, get the case and upgrade the psu. if you could save up 60 bucks or more, i would go to newegg.com and check out some better quality cases w/psu's.

EDIT: i don't even trust my power supply that came with my Raidmax case, it does it's job well and it's a 420 watt. but with me overclocking my chip and my 6800, i plan to upgrade my psu soon.

yeah, you can get a good 500 - 600W power supply on ebay for ~ $30

ill look at newegg, thanks :)

i was looking for a full tower, and i am on a tight budget w/ this - thats why i dug up that one on ebay

even on a tight budget, that 20 case is too cheap. you would want the comp to be cool (temp wise) and the psu to work well and have good rails. there are good cases on newegg, or even tigerdirect.com for fairly cheap, but are brand name, better cooling, and they would look a lot better.

may i ask why you need a full tower? i feel that midtowers are more than enough room to house a kickin comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom