power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

santarulz

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here and i hope i will stay for a good while :)

right to the question now: these two systems will not be for me but i am helping in their construction. Basicly I would like to know what kind of power supply i would need for this:

System 1:

P4 3.0Ghz
2 x 512 DDR400
2 x 120GB, 7200
Radeon 9800, 128MB
SoudBlaster Audigy 2
DVDR
CDRW

System 2:
same thing but with only 1HD and 512 RAM

For that configuration, look no less than 400-450 watts. You can never really have too much power output, but just be sure to give the system a bit of headroom.

Stick to quality brands of supplies as well, some I'd recommend are Antec, Allied and Enermax.

Great link Kboy, confirmed my suspicions that I put in my new psu for a reason(went from 300 to 450).

Ok well how about this I went to that link and it said I should have a minimum of 215 watts. I'm told the power supply I have peaks at 230 but is that enough to cover it?

Case - Athenatech A100BB - here

CPU - AMD Duron 1.6 - here

VID - Undecided - 64+mb pref. (I entered it as a GeForce 4 MX Series in the wattage calculator)

RAM - Crucial DDR (I entered it as Dual Pin DDR SDRAM in the wattage calculator)

MB - Gigabyte 7VM400M - here

SND - Turtle Beach - here

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 40gig here

CD - Asus CD-RW here

plus Floppy and Modem

If this wont cover it (and I dont think it will) does anyone know where i can get a more powerful power supply that will fit in my Micro atx case?

Any help is much appreciated this is my first time building a pc ;)

no antec

Antec looks like they have some very nice power supplies but unfortunately they do not have any micro-atx power supplies that would be a step up from my 200watt. Well at least I couldnt find one on www.antec-inc.com . It looks like I may have to externally mount an AT power supply unless anyone knows where the elusive 350 watt micro-atx power supply is hiding. Externally mounting doesnt sound good but neither does buying a new case. I am at a loss here, please help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom