Power connections DFI Ultra-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingWicked

Baseband Member
Ok...first attempt at an above average system that I'm putting together after alot of head scratching and help from you all.

The question is...there is an FDD power connection on DFI nF4 Ultra-D mobo and I don't know how important it is. My power supply only came with one FDD modular connector and I have a 3.5 that I want installed as well.

This may seem like a really stupid question, but if it's for SLI or something else I'm not using there would be no reason to have it connected or wait another week and order one.

I read over every scrap of paper I recieved from DFI and I can't seem to figure out what this connection is for.

Thanks again

Just a side note that may/may not be relavant.

On the mobo schematics there are two connectors for usb externals 7-8 and 9-10

They are coded GND, +Data, - Data and VCC....in that order

The 3.5 I ordered is an all in one memory card reader/ 3.5 and has a cable other than the IDE and power port I'm familiar with.
The cable end is marked [GND, +Data, -Data and +5VCD]

Is this like the SATA drives having two power ports ?
Can I use this cable to plug into the unused USB port and solve my above problem ?
=SW=

I am not sure but i plugged mines in anyways. If your system doesnt come with 2 FDD conectors then its time for a new psu :p I didnt have it plugged in for about 2 months then 003 showed it to me :D lol so i guess you dont have to have it

Thanks guys

I'll try the Dfi boards and see what I can come up with unless someone else has any ideas.

Anyone know about the extra cord on the 3.5 ?

=SW=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom